IF you choose to stay at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells, be sure to stay in the main hotel. I would hope it is better constructed and maintained. The rest of their properties are converted motels, which we did not know until it was too late. Ours was in building 11. I tend to judge a room in large part on three factors. Amenities, bed comfort and the bathroom.
As for amenities it had no real dresser/chest. Just a long desk with shelving. There was a small microwave, an ironing board and iron. No coffee pot. There was a decent sized mini-fridge. But there was an old CRT (tube) TV where the image ran off the sides.
There was a queen-ish sized bed and a bunk bed. The design of the bunk bed was pretty cool. It took inspiration from an old steam boat paddle wheel. They have pictures on their site of this. Sturdy construction. Pretty cool. The beds themselves were like what I have experienced in Switzerland, minus the comfort. That is to say that none of the beds had box springs (bunk beds never do), instead a platform on which the mattress is placed. The mattresses were standard cheap thin mattresses. Not very comfortable. In Switzerland the mattresses are thicker and are made of some sort of memory foam.
The bathroom was tiny to say the least. The door was narrower than average, yet still nearly hits the small cheap toilet and even cheaper shower tub. Superman has changed in bigger phone booths.
Additionally the walls were super thin. You could not hear your neighbors talking in normal voices but anything above that easily translated from one room to the other.
- Not all of their "hotel" buildings are on the same property having several businesses and other hotels/motels in between. Consequently they are not even connected by walking paths so you have to drive or walk several blocks to get to the main resort and water/theme parks.
- The water park is OK. They have both indoor and outdoor water parks. Part of the outdoor park is reserved for guests only which is nice, but its small, but it keeps lines shorter. The public part, including the indoor park is much more congested an the indoor park has mostly rides that use tubes, but not nearly enough tubes. Patrons had taken to keeping their tube and dragging it around from ride to ride so you could go for a very long time without ever even getting to ride anything.
- The price of the rooms did include admission to the parks...but it turns out admission to the parks is only $9.00, so who cares.
- Our building was not easily wheel chair accessible on the second floor as there was no elevator, which I believe is typical of the upper level of most motels.
My advice is that if you have the means, find a nicer resort or a vacation rental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WE LOCATED DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM MT.OLYMPUS, Situated on a quiet hilltop exactly in the center of the main strip in Wisconsin Dells! Here are just some reasons why Skyline Hotel & Suites is the best value in town:*Chula Vista Waterparks are included for everyone, everyday + day of checkout. *A delicious expanded CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IS SERVED EVERY MORNING with Hot Waffle Bar, scrambled eggs + 10 other items. *Every room receives a WIS DELLS FUN CARD *Best Location- Leave your car and walk to Mt.Olympus(save $10 daily parking fee) Yeah we're that close! *Skyline Hotel & Suites features 89 rooms, 5400 sq.ft. Indoor Water Activity Area with slides for the kids, mini-suites that sleep 6, micro-fridges, relaxing sundeck overlooking outdoor pools and great views of the main strip!Top-notch amenities for the whole family and friendly, professional service provide a warm welcoming atmosphere. Come and discover what it means when we say "Where Our Family Takes Care Of Yours" ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Skyline Hotel And Suites
- Skyline Wisconsin Dells