All reviews hot tub attractions rates parks summer amusement
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The park was overcrowded, hour wait on everything from the free 1 limit brat, six chips and 10oz drink to all water slides.
We end up going to the private side and one of the slides was down.

Rooms terrible, gum on the walls and floor, beds were like quick sand, I almost didn't make it out. The blue and white paint doesn't make a crappy run down motel any better. $396.56 for a July Saturday is ridiculous.

The last river on the private side was nice, tubes were hard to com by and ended up find a half deflated one I blew up to float.

Over all my Olympus is deflated. Please enjoy the image of my amazing view of a pool shed.

Jim

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel from online site and 10 minutes later I got a call from the hotel directly, telling me there was a error and the room had been double booked. I was already on the road to the location and was told by the Reservation Supervisor Adriana that because of the mix up they had a smaller room that had just come available and they would give the room to me at no charge. When I arrived to the hotel the agent confirmed that everything was at no charge and gave me the key cards, parking pass, etc.... and the last thing she asked for was a charge card for any incidentals or charges from stores/restaurants. So I gave her my card and left knowing my room was comped and my card was strictly for incidentals, but instead I was charged full price for the double booked room and when I called the front desk and spoke with the second shift manager Sarah I was told there were no notes and no way I was ever comped a room. I was also told there was no one who worked there by the name Adriana and even though the room I had originally booked and was charged for was not available it was nothing she would do to correct the issue. I had to go into the main office and talk to yet another manager that told me Adriana worked first shift and apologized for the mixup but if I wanted to stay the charge would remain even though it wasn't the room I had booked and Sarah whom was on duty refused to come out and speak with me. My husband and I decided to give them back all materials given from this hotel and they voided the charge to my card. We decided to leave do to this entire experience and drove 3 1/2 hours back to Chicago absolutely would never suggest this hotel to anyone!!!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rhondashepherd
Justin S, Guest Relations Manager at Mt. Olympus Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

I do apologize for the issues you experienced and would like the chance to make this better for you so please feel free to contact myself - justin.s@mtolympuspark.com.

Justin Schaetzka
Customer Service Manager
Mt. Olympus Resorts

Reviewed 14 July 2017

It's a great place to take your kids for a day of fun especially if you can find a deal but to pay for a room is ridiculous and a joke. They charge around a $25 resort fee which I might be able to understand if you were to book a room at the hotel on site but we stayed at a village across the street and it was not a hotel let alone a resort, it was a motel with little to no security. No employees easily accessible.

Every time we would go up to an employee to ask them something or even to check in they were not welcoming at all. Except for the three ladies at the food place across from Poseidon's Rage where they sell pizza, nachos, soft pretzels and other things. They were extremely nice and went above and beyond. I regret that I didn't get their names.

This also was not a huge issue for us but if anyone is going here that needs fast internet, I'm not sure if it was just the village that we stayed at but the internet was very slow.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I'm currently staying at the Mt. Olympus Village. YES! I could not until I went home to write this review. This is my first day here and I'm already unhappy with this place. Yes, they tell you online that there are off-site facilities, but it doesn't come no where near to resort status. There are many off-sites facilities. The owner bought off a few motel locations and just painted the outside of the buildings blue & white. Even though this was a last minute trip, I could have booked a better spot. Where do I begin? Upon arrival the lobby at the check-in location was a HOT MESS! It was so busy. No one really to welcome you. Customer service was nice. Upon arrival I was told that my room was ready. When I arrived to my room, my room was not ready. The beds are horrible. LOL...they painted the headboards on the wall! I literally sunk into my bed. We called front desk to complain about the bed and they were nice enough to replace the mattress, but make sure you clear your bed because then they will not replace the mattress. When you take a shower make sure you take a 3 minute bath because if you take a longer bath, the next person that goes in will not have hot water. So that means, you cannot even wash your hair. We've called to have maintenance come check it out and lukewarm water is hot for them. The park...where do I begin with this park. Overcrowded!!!! Water cloudy! SAVE YOUR $$$

Room tip: Go somewhere else!!!
Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We booked on line and when we got to our hotel it was TERRIBLE!!!!! FOOD UNDER THE BEDS AND THE SMELL WAS LIKE AN OUT HOUSE!!!!! They had 2 outside pools but neither was useable, weeds in and outside not to mention trash all over. Called to complain and FINALLY got rooms at a different location. THANK GOODNESS!!! The first place was not fit for humans to sleep in. The parking was not FAR from the water park, but the kids LOVE the water park. A lot for the kids to do. NO ONE COULD SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL AND THEY WERE HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!! Not sure why they could not have and U.S. people working at ALL of these places. Would of been nice to speak to someone without asking several times what they were saying, There is a LOT to do in the Dells just make sure you get a nice place to stay.

Room tip: We stayed at the Best Western on our last night there. Room was GREAT, Service was great.
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank ovrmyd

I do apologize for the issues you endured and I would like the chance to make the situation better for you. Please feel free to contact myself at your convenience - justin.s@mtolympuspark.com.

Justin Schaetzka