All reviews bigger resorts lazy rivers year olds spring break indoor water summer blast grandkids
Reviewed 6 June 2017

There were so many unsupervised kids in halls and jumping on beds, running around, it was loud from 6 am to 11 pm. The hot tub was full of kids at 9 pm although there was an age limit not being enforced. We stayed in older portion to save money, but it was filthy. Changed rooms after first night because of the herd of elephants apparently staying just above us and because of condition of bathroom. One of the chairs at table almost collapsed when my daughter sat on it, they did bring a different one about 90 minutes after I called the front desk. I would not recommend to anyone. Internet did not work at our end of hotel, was told it works closer to lobby. Water park was fun for a couple of hours. Staff was very helpful but place is just run down. I think they are making it into condos, they tried to get me to attend a sales pitch.

Room Tip: I would pay more for remodeled room, but still probably loud- also the internet works on that side. Good for families, not adults.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Fearlessmsla
Lauren D, Director of Sales at Polynesian Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for your review. For these reasons noted we do indeed encourage our guests to stay in our "popular" hotel rooms that have been updated or our newer one bedroom condos. However we do understand that free water park access with the price of the original econo rooms just cannot be beat. We hope that you do check out the future of the resort which can be seen in the condos.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Hotel is being converted to timeshare so I will not pick on the hotel. Great staff, fun waterpark for the kids, cute Bar and the kids loved their drinks in the coconut monkey nuts from cocobongos. Front desk staff was very helpful with towels and issue solving. Josh at the Bar was very helpful with things for the family to do and served a very nice "adult" ice cream shake!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank chungfox

We thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. We have made sure that Josh the onsite team have all seen your comments. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The good: Great pool area for the kids. For the most part all of the front desk staff was very friendly . Maintenance staff was really nice and helpful.
The bad: we stayed in room 235. As soon as we walked in you could tell the room wasn't cleaned very well. There was a portable bar being stored across from our room that was covered in beer cans, empty plastic cups and fruit flies
The ugly: We needed a fridge to store my 2 month old grand daughter's milk and meds that must be kept cold. Fridge was covered in mold. Upon further inspection the fridge didn't work at all. Got a new fridge. As I bent to put our stuff in our fridge I noticed the dirty underwear near the foot of the bed. I won't post that pic because it was gross and they weren't clean.
Its not the worst but there are plenty of other options out there. We won't be back

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Discoplane

We appreciate the time you took to write a review. We have shared your comments with the onsite housekeeping team. Do not rule us out on your next visit. Instead of the original econo rooms give our popular hotel rooms or one bedroom condos a try.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I found this hotel online because me and my family has been traveling to the dells for our spring break for the last few years. I wanted to venture different hotels because we stayed at great wolf and mount olympus and they were great hotels! From arrival the front desk people were very nice and informative; but the hotel itself was bad! It smelled very bad, the sheets were not cleaned, heat didn't work in the room and they no longer offer housekeeping! We were here for 4 days, so just think? Why wouldn't we need clean linen? Anyone can come into the hotel off the st. Because it is open where you don't need a key! The first night me and two of my other family members were bitten by bugs! They said it wasn't bed bugs; but I was for sure it was. We were immediately moved from our rooms to another floor which was an excellent upgrade from the previous rooms. I had to contact the manager the next morning and again when i spoke with the gm, he made it seem like it was impossible to happen and ranted about what they would have to pay; besides trying to accomodate me and my family!! I was very disappointed because I feel like my concern was dismissed!! There is no readon why the sheets should be stained when we haven't even got into the beds!!! Bad bad place!! Reasonable; but you get what you pay for!! I wouldn't recommend this to a sick dog!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Simone1504

Thank you for your review. If you do visit again please give our "popular" hotel rooms which have been upgraded or one of our deluxe one bedroom condos a try. It is a world of difference from the original econo hotel rooms. We look forward to the future of the Polynesian being filled with the new and upgraded!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

When my children and I arrived at the hotel the staff greeted us wonderfully and they were very helpful. If we called down to the front desk it was sent to our room right away. The hotel was close to a lot of stores and if you used your GPS to navigate to and from you would never get lost. My family and I had a great spring vacation and plan on going back this summer.
Ms. Pamela Mack

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mackpam38
Lauren D, Director of Sales at Polynesian Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Ms. Pamela Mack
We are thrilled to read your review and hear about what a wonderful time you and your family had with us at the Polynesian over your Spring Break.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. We have shared it with the entire onsite team.
Please do come back and visit us again soon!
Lauren