“Woderful experience”
Review of White Rose Inns

White Rose Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My wife and I had our wedding at The White Rose this past October. We rented the Terrace Hill house for our family to stay in, plus a suite for us. The rooms were very nice, each was unique and nicely decorated and our room was extremely nice. The breakfast was excellent, there were several options to choose from, the french toast in particular was very good. The location was perfect, it's only a block from the main street of Wisconsin Dells so it is very convenient yet it was also quiet and overlooking the river. The staff were all very friendly as well. The only negative I can say is that the prices are a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

As far as the wedding specifically, it was wonderful. We had the ceremony out at Devil's Lake Sate Park which was absolutely gorgeous with the fall colors and then the reception back at The White Rose. The food was very good (they cater from The Cheese Factory), the cake was amazing, the room was perfect for our wedding (family only, about 40 people though it could easily hold more), the decorations were beautiful, and the staff were truly exceptional. For anyone considering a wedding in the area, forget the big resorts and have it here, it may cost a little more but it's so much more personal and unique.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rlse9

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at the White Rose Inn B&B last June. This is a complex of older homes mixed with a regular motel. Our room was in the Sherman house and since we were the only guests for the most part, we had the place almost to ourselves. It was quiet, lovely and has a nice view of the Wisconsin River. We chose the maid's quarters because it had two rooms and was more convenient to segregate late-night websurfers. As this is an older home the bathrooms in each room are varied. Our bath was small but adequate. Next time I think we will go for the room across the hall, which has the original bathroom in it, very roomy. Each room has a whirlpool bath. You also have access to the kitchen if needed. Breakfast was at a little basement French style cafe below the main office . There were only 3 entrees to choose from but they were all delicious. The Inn is just a short walk from downtown Wisconsin Dells and right across from the Riverwalk, which is a walkway that takes you down to the Dells Boat Docks, where you can catch a river cruise. Our stay was relaxing, fun and we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: If you need special amenities, call the B&B and ask for recommendations as to the rooms you shou...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatieKin
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Very good to work with. The room was clean and the food was great. When I called for a reservation I mentioned that it was important to me that the room be very clean; it was. My wife and I enjoyed that the B & B was just a short walk from the main drag. It was nice being able to walk around without the need of a car. We would go back.

Room Tip: The sage room was our choice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald L
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We loved our stay at the Sherman house. Our room overlooked the Wisconsin river. The breakfast that is included for the B&B was wonderful. We loved sitting outside on the hill overlooking the river. It was a very peaceful experience and we would do it again! Location was perfect. With only one block to downtown Dells, you could park the car and walk everywhere down town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My son and I visited the Wisconsin Dells, and stayed at the White Rose Motel for two nights . We liked it there, however, the rooms in the motel did not have telephones. When I checked in, I didn't know this, so when I complained to the office, the woman there seemed amazed that it would matter to me--she said that since everyone uses cell phones now, the phones aren't needed. (I have an older cell phone, and seldom use it, except in emergencies. I was disappointed not to have a phone in the room.) I asked if there was a phone anywhere that was available for the guests to use, and she said that there was not. She did permit me to use a phone in the office area to let my family members know where I was staying. This was nice of her, but I really felt like there should be a phone designated for the motel guests to use at any time somewhere on the property.

However, aside from the phone issue, I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a pleasant, quiet location, away from the crowds. We parked our car at the motel and walked to many of the downtown attractions. This was very convenient, especially since the parking is free here, yet on the streets downtown there are parking meters. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. We used the pool during the afternoon one day, and it was clean, warm, and well-maintained. There were numerous chairs and tables around the pool, too, for those who want to sit outside and relax.

The motel is located behind an attractive bed and breakfast, and the motel guests are invited to eat breakfast on the patio area, but this is not included in the motel room rate--motel guests are charged extra to eat the breakfast. It is convenient since there are not many places to eat close by, but it is only served between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., so the time period might not work for everyone.. We only tried the breakfast once. Although we were seated and waiting to place our orders, two guests who arrived after us were waited upon before us. It may be because they were guests of the bed and breakfast, instead of the motel, or it may have just been inattention on the part of the server, but it was still frustrating. When we finally got to place our orders, I ordered quiche and my son ordered a fruit plate, yet it took over twenty minutes to get our food. The food was good. If you're in a hurry as we were, though, it might be best to go somewhere else to eat.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in a clean, comfortable place. There's nothing fancy about it, but the price is reasonable, and the location is excellent. If I go to this area again, I would stay here without any hesitation.

Room Tip: They have handicapped accessible rooms. If you have trouble with stairs, be sure to ask for a room...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family