All reviewsthe main housegarden cottagewonderful hostsother gueststhis place rocksdevils lake state parkstandard hotelplenty of hot waterstayed one nightargosyattractionsprivacytubs
Reviewed 29 December 2010

This was a great place for a Honeymoon. David and Nancy were awesome hosts they made us feel right at home. We stayed in the The Garden Cottage and Burt Cottage. They were beautiful both rustic and modern. This was our fist stay at a B&B and the food and company were amazing. I highly recommend Bowman's Oak Hill B&B if you are looking for a place to stay off the beaten path.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany_F_H
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My wife and I had never stayed in a B&B before and had a wonderful experience with Bowman's Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast right from the start. They were so friendly on the phone when we called to book our room. They treated us like family and were full of great stories. The atmosphere was laid back and quiet. It was just far enough off the beaten path to avoid the chaos of the dells while still being a short drive from anything we wanted to go to.

We'll be going back (hopefully soon) for sure!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I've stayed at B & Bs throughout the U.S. for many years and never felt better taken care of.

I was in the Dells for their first-ever half marathon and wanted someplace quiet and relaxing so that I could rest up before the race the next morning. I had originally booked a room in a very big, loud, and crowded resort for the weekend and at the last minute, called to see if I could get into this B & B instead. Was I ever glad that I could. Nancy and David went out of their way to give me and two other runners staying there everything we needed, they even got up extra early to provide us a hearty pre-race breakfast even though they'd be doing breakfast all over again several hours later for their other guests. Very thoughtful and considerate. And as other reviewers have noted, their food is wonderful.

In addition, the B & B is immaculate, beautifully furnished while still being comfortable and relaxing, and the wooded grounds are gorgeous. It's just far enough off the beaten path to be quiet and restful, but just a few miles from downtown and all the Dells attractions. Extremely reasonably priced for everything they provide, and check in/check out is a breeze. I've never stayed anywhere that I could recommend as highly.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank theladybordeaux
Reviewed 1 November 2010

When I saw the website, I knew this was the place we wanted to stay, and we were not disappointed. The b&b was immaculate, and Nancy & David were so welcoming. The breakfasts were incredible. One morning we had freshly picked raspberries. Our accommodations were in the home part of the B&B, and our room had adequate space for luggage. The common areas were very nice. We wished the weather would have been nicer so that we could have enjoyed the outside deck. The b&b away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown & waterpark area, but we were close to everything in the Dells.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Nancy and David were again wonderful hosts for what has become our ritual-celebrating our anniversary. We will probably continue doing so. Near record temperatures added to the fall colors and activities, which did wear us out. Truly appreciate homey accomodations and award winning breakfasts. Monday's was a trial run for this year's bake off. It should win with some tweaking. Nancy and David are like family.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple