All reviews the main house garden cottage wonderful hosts other guests this place rocks devils lake state park standard hotel plenty of hot water stayed one night argosy attractions privacy tubs
Reviewed 19 August 2012

David and Nancy were great. We felt welcomed from the time we got there to the time we left. We had never stayed at a b&b before and didn't know what to expect. We were worried about a lack of privacy, but that wasn't the case at all. The other couples that stayed there were awesome we had some real good conversation at breakfast time. Best breakfast around very fancy and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I should apologise to Nancy and Dave as its taken me 12 months to get round to writing a review. They deserve better than that as they are first class hosts that made our week long stay an absolute pleasure. We stayed in the log cabins with our thirteen year old son Nathan. He had to have the bed settee which he found very comfortable as was our bed. The whole cabin was extremely clean, as was the main house, where breakfast is served. Nancy is without doubt a first class cook and served up different breakfasts each day that were simply just 'to die for'. Easily the best we have had in the states and for that matter anywhere else we've been. The location is out of town but a quick 5-10 minute drive gets you to all the main attractions. The house and cabins are in a secluded area on the edge of the woods and we frequently saw deer in the gardens. It was a real wrench to leave and there were tears from both Nancy and my Wife. They are the type of hosts that will make your stay something special you would be foolish to look elsewhere.
Dave / Nancy Hope the dogs are still up to chasing the squirrels you are a fantastic couple who helped make our vacation one of our best ever.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bowman's Oak Hill B&B in late July 2012. Great experience overall. We loved our cabin, loved that it is tucked away from the busy Dells area, loved the breakfasts and loved the overall calm quiet setting that allowed us to relax during our vacation. Highly recommend the cabins as they give you such a nice, private escape. Really appreciated having full TV and a huge supply of DVDs to borrow as well. For adults looking to explore the Dell's region I can't think of a better option.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

When you're greeted at the door by a beautiful smile from the host and invited in and made to feel "at home", you know you're at the right place. Relaxing, enjoyable conversation, scrumptious breakfasts and two people that love to host make the stay at Oak Hill so wonderful. Dave and Nancy give advice on the best attractions to see and the best places to eat. We had wonderful conversations with them out on the deck, enjoying the fresh air. Of course, if you want your privacy, you get that here too. All the little touches, homemade cookies, chocolates, extra pillows, soft plush towels, and attention to detail--that's some of the reasons why we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We had never been to the Dells before and I am so glad we chose to stay here rather than at one of the many hotels or water park resorts we drove past. From the very beginning we felt right at home at the Bowman's Oak Hill B&B. Nancy greeted us warmly (and with some amazing cookies I might add!) and our room (Elmer's Oak) was exactly as it was pictured on the website. I don't believe the bathroom was pictured and it was outdated, however, very clean and therefore very comfortable. The home itself was quaint, comfortable and away from all the business of the downtown Dells area. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the backyard deck area, but perhaps next time.
Both David and Nancy were wonderful hosts- always happy to spend some time getting to know you and loved telling us stories about their children and grandchildren. Their two little dogs Cookie and Tessie were so sweet and really added to our experience.
Ok, the food.....what can I say? It was AMAZING!!!!! Personally, I am a breakfast nut and hope to own my own B&B one day. I hope my future B&B dishes will be as tasty as these! The first morning we had a southwestern frittata with bacon, fresh fruit and a nice, big homemade cinnamon roll. The second morning we had peaches & cream french toast with sausage and a fresh fruit smoothie. Everything was just perfect.
This is the fifth B&B I've stayed at and definitely one of the best. If you are a B&B fan like me, here is what you will probably love about it- #1. The food. #2. The hospitality. #3. The cleanliness. #4. The other guests (at least in our experience). #5. The proximity to other attractions. My only critique (not even a complaint because everything was wonderful) is that I prefer B&B's with a lot of architectural details and charm. This didn't have that, but the rest of the experience was top notch. We will definitely stay there again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage if you would like a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends