“good food, good service,”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hitchin' Post Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Wilton
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I live nearby and have been there numerous times. Wait staff are friendly, fast and attentive, and the food is excellent for reasonable prices. Best onion rings ever and the pizza and sandwiches are equally good. Make their own batter for onion rings and they can't be beat!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We visitted the area again this year and this has become a must stop. Really nice folks, great prices, enjoyed the food. This time we stopped at dinner time and sampled a bunch of different appetizers. Boneless wings (on special Wednesdays), Bacon fondou, chips, and topped it off sharing a small pizza. Oh, and they had some really good local craft beer on tap for a good price, and good wine as well. Great place to stop if you are riding the Elroy Sparta trail.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I was one of eight members of an Outdoor Women's Club from Davenport, Iowa spending the weekend in Wilton, WI to bike to Elroy-Sparta Bike Trail & kayak the Kickapoo River. The Hitchin' Post Sports Bar & Grill was just a short walk from the Mid-Trail Motel where we were staying so we decided to go there. While on the cool side it was still nice enough to eat on the patio which was quite enjoyable. The restaurant features a Fish Fry on Friday Nights which several of us ordered. I had mine deep fried with home made chips and it really hit the spot after riding part of the bike trail that afternoon. Others had their fish grilled and enjoyed that too. In fact, everyone in my party enjoyed their food whether they ordered a burger or a salad. They have a variety of beers available for those who like to imbibe. We were curious about another restaurant for the following evening and our Waitress was good enough to look up information about it. Even though it was a Friday Night the restaurant wasn't packed but they were short staffed and our food was delivered when it was ready. That meant some of my group were almost done when the final meals arrived. Our waitress was so nice and apologetic and the food was so good we didn't care and that is why I gave it an "Excellent" rating. Of course I was also with a group and we had plenty to talk about and that made the time go by. I'll admit other diners under another set of circumstances might be annoyed by the time it took for all of us to get our meals. I in fact gave our waitress an extra large tip because I knew she was over worked that night.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Hubby and I stopped in for a bite after biking the Elroy - Sparta Trail. It was just what we needed. A cold beer (great selections), burger & salad, and warm friendly service in a cool atmosphere at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Clean local bar with friendly service. Burger did not seem like a frozen patty, many options for toppings. Skinny fries , made our bike ride complete.