“Food is great! Had an option for fresh greens and LOVED it!”

Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 169 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: USD 5 - USD 22
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We went here on a weeknight before a performance at the Grand Theater. You can get a fish fry on Wednesday night if you want, and it is fabulous. They offered fresh greens as an alternate to potato or carb options. Food was great, drink options aplenty and the service was great. Very good value. Its a little tricky to find.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went for a Friday fish fry. It was one of the best I have ever had. The wait staff was awesome and the food was great. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

To start out, the bartender made 1 of our drinks wrong & just all around seemed clueless. Once we grabbed a table, took about 10 min to just get menus-mind you the place was far from busy. We were given the specials & said they’d be back to take our order. 40 minutes later the server came back...never once stopping by to just say hey, I’m busy or whatever the case was. 2 in our party ordered one of the soups on special-which ended up being a completely different kind of soup than what we were told. A to go order was also placed, had we not checked the box we would have been without a main staple to the dish ordered. I stress, this night was no where near busy. Food was great, it was just an overall disappointing visit due to the service we received. I’ve never had poorer service from here. I truly hope this was not a sneak peak of what this place is becoming. I’d really like to keep this place as a really great place to go for both drinks and food, so I guess we will see if it improves.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We went there for the Friday Fish Fry. It looks a little tucked-out-of-the-way, but the food and atmosphere is excellent! Go here, go often!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

There are a lot of choices in the area, but this place has that supper club feel and the food to back it up. You have a choice to dine in the bar area with plenty of noise and TV's, or the back room which is quieter. The food is great. Brisket sandwich is tasty and tender.

Been to Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!