“Make sure you stop in for the Sunday brunch...”

Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 170 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: USD 5 - USD 22
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The Pulled Pork Benedict is so flavorful! You also get a free mimosa with your meal on Sundays...It’s a little packed for Sunday brunch, so you might have to wait awhile for your food (you might want to ask for a wait time before you sit down). The food is definitely worth the wait if you have time!

On another note, the host desk isn’t actually where you go to get seated (strange, I know)...you have to walk over by the dining room/kitchen doors to wait for someone to seat you. Super awkward. I’m hoping they change this soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Sunday brunch for the first time ever here. Few people in the bar area but only a couple of tables filled in the dining area. Waitress took a while to come to our table. We ordered but food inexplicably took ages to come out of the kitchen. Specials were interesting but nothing in particular for the 7 and 9 year old in our party, no kids menu. Heavy food and a lot of it. I'll go back but won't be in a rush.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I came on Wednesday night which is one of the prime rib nights. It was tender,juicy and big. It outbeat many steakhouses that I have dined in nyc. On Tuesday I happen to stop by and there was music outside and delicious barbecued brisket. This is a must rest in Wausau.
Kathe a

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We loved the Hiawatha. What a relaxing environment with pretty good food and service! Food was pretty basic, but there were a few surprises on the menu (a good steak, massive chicken alfredo, beer-cheese nachos). I was in the area for business, and we came back three times! Recommend: grilled cheese with bacon, the ribeye, the potato salad, fish fry. Don't recommend: the nachos, the Italian Stallion sandwich.

1  Thank mops4567
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Elegant dining in this hidden gem. Great food. 5 of us all had something different and everything was great. Sunday brunch with Mimosas is worth it.

Been to Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!