All reviews great dane brew pub restaurant next door outdoor patio a marriott rewards member granite peak never heard a peep starbucks coffee hotel is clean the location is perfect central wi worked great bed was comfortable each morning excellent stay nice room business trip
Reviewed 9 October 2016

My parents booked us a spa room for our wedding night, although we didn't experience much of the hotel it was the perfect location next to the Great Dane Pub. The room was clean and easy to access next door. Good wifi and most importantly they had sports on the TV for my British husband to watch while the ladies got ready.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Courtyard Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We’re happy to hear that our convenient location helped in making your big day go smoothly. We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Between business and pleasure, I have stayed at this motel three times. Each time we have been treated very well with check-in to check-out. Small bar opens at 4 and closes at 10. Bistro grill within the motel. Also across parking lot is Dane's Brewery. Great food and many craft beer choices. We will definitely stay at Courtyard again our next visit to Wausau.

Room tip: We have stayed on each floor and have not had any noise issues.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for continuing to stay with us while you’re in the Wausau area! Whether it’s been business or pleasure, we are very glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us. The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co. is conveniently just a short walk from our hotel and we definitely recommend it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

I stayed on a business trips for two evenings. This is an updated Courtyard. That lobby is well-done--modern and cool. They have a food counter that also serves beer and wine. Nothing fancy but the food is good enough for a light snack or quick meal.

The gentleman at the front desk was nice and helpful. When asked about the restaurant next door, he quickly handed me a menu. My room request for a high floor, far from an elevator was met.

The room itself is nice. New carpet, comfortable bed, and flat screen TV. The dresser looked like a leftover from the previous room but that is not a complaint. There was a desk with some power outlets. While not a big desk, it worked for my purposes.

The bathroom was fine. The sink was outside the shower/toilet area.

The balcony was bit narrow and not very inviting, but I was surprised to see and outdoor space.

The room was spacious and the furniture layout a bit awkward. I find that in updated hotels, this is common.

Generally speaking, a decent stay--modern, clean, friendly and god location. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Courtyard Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Guest,

We’re pleased to know that we met your expectations during your business trip. Thank you for complimenting our modern lobby, spacious guest rooms and comfortable beds. We hope you’re able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties (Gold member) and this is an excellent Courtyard.

I was in northern Wisconsin for work and I was going to gut it out and make the long drive home to sleep in my own bed. I ended up drowsy and thought it was best to get a room and sleep.

The hotel on the Marriott app was $117, but the person at the front desk gave me a rate of $101. That was nice.

Room was clean and quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Courtyard Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you decided to play it safe and spend the night at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting our property and clean, quiet guest rooms. We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Very nice place and very friendly staff. It has a modern decor, and a very nice Bistro. Also next door to the the Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co. Rooms and beds are comfortable. A very clean hotel. Will be our spot when we come up to visit our son who now lives in Wausau.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GhidorziHotelGroup, General Manager at Courtyard Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Guest,

We are proud to be your new hotel of choice when staying in Wausau! We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean guestrooms and comfortable beds. Our Bistro is perfect for those who want hot Starbucks coffee and a fresh, convenient breakfast before starting the day. We look forward to your next stay.