All reviews checking in stay there again one night room was clean voila tv microwave gal wifi amenities
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Last minute reservation for us to attend an out of town wedding in Wausau. Property is flanked by alley/parking on either side where all sorts of shady characters are hanging out smoking and talking loudly to one another. I guess you get what you pay for as this was the cheapest option. Property is supposedly all non-smoking yet our room reeked like an ashtray when we walked in, floor was gritty with dirt and there were disgusting stains on the bedspread. Even at a bargain price, I expect it to be clean and no stains on the bedding. People in nearby rooms were also very loud - seemed like an ongoing party atmosphere. We called and asked for another room - they had none. Desk clerk offered to come to deorderize our room. They did come while we were out at the wedding and it helped but then smelled overpoweringly of lemon. To their credit they also gave us a clean bedspread also (or at least not stained). I gave one extra star for their willingness to correct the cigarette smell and stained bedspread. The noise issue continued with people talking loudly in the middle of the night seemingly right outside our door and again in very early morning. Some things are worth paying for! Never again.

Room tip: Unless you are on a very tight budget with no options, check into the Super 8!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2018

On a budget? This place is for you! It’s a nice place. It’s basic. There is not a lot perks other than the nice room, and WiFi. It does have a television in the room. No coffee pot, no blow dryer, so make sure you have a blow dryer. There is free coffee in the lobby, however. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. It does have free WiFi, pretty decent signal. It was quiet, and we felt it was in a safe neighborhood.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Check in was very easy and smooth
Amanda was very nice
They have washer and dryers that was very helpful
Room was clean
Nice budget place for one night
20 minutes away from airport
Convenience placed to eat around d hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Nice front desk. Possible double charge. Shady characters hanging outside side entrance smoking and yelling out for hours. Did not feel comfortable going to car. Room clean. Bathroom clean. Comfortable bed. User friendly tv. Coffee only. Good location. Dogs allowed. Noisy.

Room tip: Ask front desk.
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Kayn, We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to the transaction issue you describe. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you experienced. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A housekeeper & guest that had stayed in the room next-door (and said she forgot her jacket to housekeeping) walked right into my room. No knock or anything. It was 930 in the morning and I swear to God thr do not disturb sign was on my door. Apparentally even though I never swore, interupred, yelled or mentioned any kind of discount when I literally told the manager Amber Martinez in the lobby that I just wanted her to make sure
that I didn’t know how I could feel safe with housekeeping walking in with no knock, not to mention the sign they put me on their “do not rent list”. She even mentioned when I complain to the do not disturb sign was on my door and they didn’t knock even though I had a room reserved for two days and the other girl had checked out the day after I checked in. Amber had the audacity to interrupt me with sometimes they go in rooms even with my requested no housekeeping & the DND sign up b/c some customers express check out & leave keys in the room
I found out a week later when I went to check in after I already paid deposit on Hotels.com..I had to call website’s customer service because they wanted to charge me for Motel 6 AND the other 2 nights we used hotels dot com website to rent a room down the street from motel 6 since we were turned away when we went to get our key.
I like that pets stay for free. I don’t have a dog but I easily looked past the dog poop. I’ve complained about 2 out of 100 hotel reviews. Wish someone cared about a good new customer that stays in their town 3 nights a week for about a year & a half:since October 2016. Check my other reviews if you want to verify my honesty In case anyone cares to resolve this Jonie_8o@msn.com

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple