All reviews mini fridge within walking distance the owner sports bar in town bed was comfortable cable motel tv
Reviewed 12 January 2018

This is not a nice hotel, very skuzzy. Now I'm not a picky diva, I served in the Army for 22 years but this place is horrible. Yes owner seems nice but when I arrived he said "you reserved king bed but guy won't leave so you get two queens". Guy won't leave? Not an onion I wanted to peel! I'm tired I just drove 4 hours in the dark in a snow storm so whatever I don't need much I'm tired. Got my key and drove up to the door unloaded in the snow and took a few minutes of key jiggling to get the lock to open. Wow was hit with a horrible stench of I'm guessing smoke and sweat. I thought I can take it, but after about a half hour it would not go away. Now there are at least 2 signs in the room that say no smoking one of which was next to the dirty fly swatter hanging on the wall. On a positive note there was a third bed in the little area next to the bathroom you know in case I wanted to have some friends over. I packed up and headed to Lacrosse in the snow at 8:00 PM and got another hotel. 56 bucks aside life is too short to stay here!

Room Tip: Don't do it, trust me stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ScottL2808
Reviewed 10 October 2017

What a deal. We were in the area shopping for homes. Found this place on-line, so we called, and reserved a room. Great choice. The owner was friendly, the room was very clean, and the Midway was next to 2 restaurants and a sports bar. All this for an excellent price. When in town, we definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Long day of motorcycling. Our attempt to stay over in Prairie du Chien aborted because of 'blues festival' and fishing tournament, on top of being a Friday night. Trip Advisor couldn't locate a deal in Viroqua, but we stopped based on sign saying vacancy. The motel doesn't look inspiring, but we were given a upstairs room with four beds and a bath. We just needed 2. Room was quiet, bed was comfortable, A/C ran unobtrusively.
Cost was $70. If you need a room with four beds, this could be a real bargain stop. while I'm saying positive remarks, this is a basic (not fancy) motel. There's a third door going into an adjoining apartment type room that probably not real secure, if you are a very cautious type.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I chose this motel because of the reviews and I'm glad I did. The staff offered accommodation I didn't expect, which was very nice.

I was traveling for fun and wasn't planning on getting up early, but I forgot to ask the locals to sleep in, too.

Room Tip: I was in room #1. Those farther away from the street might be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2017

stayed here overnight on a flea market junket in Wisconsin. Very basic motel, but very clean with large room, Everything you need - great price and friendly. It was neat making coffee and drinking it out of a real coffee mug instead of plastic. I would give them a five star, but as a woman traveling alone it would have been better if the dead-bolt on the door had worked.Even so, I recommend it, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo