“Just ok.”
Review of Barkers Island Inn

Barkers Island Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Not that spectacular of a place, but the location is good, it was clean, and the staff was friendly. I was there in the off season, so maybe it would have been better some other time. The area around the pool does smell old and muggy, luckily my room was not near the pool, so once inside the room it was ok.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel because a wedding I was attending was doing their reception here and everyone was staying at the hotel so I figured I'd rent a room. They advertise every room has a lake view - if they mean a sliver of water they dock boats in is lake superior - then my room held true. I was on the first floor in front of the pool but the pool wasn't sealed off from my hallway. It had a tall wall but didn't not seal so my hallway was muggy and smelled like a pool room. The room was OK - had it been 1995 and the furniture was only about 5 years old it might have been a lot nicer. I really just expected more for $160.00 a night. Overall, though, my experience at the hotel wasn't bad. The reception was a good time and the hotel people were friendly to us. In the end I had fun but that doesn't mean I'd stay there again. I just didn't feel it was worth the money I paid.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MNVikings2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We were told the hotel was 100% smoke free yet the room reeked of smoke.The room we were given was very tired,old stained carpet,hair on the bed and young uncaring staff.The parking lot was filthy.Ice machine was not working. Very run down from previous visits.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a lovely view of the marina from our quiet, comfortable room. The room decor is dated, although they are upgrading. The included breakfasts were excellent. It is a short drive across the bridge to the touristy Canal District of Duluth.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Dragonboat festival weekend, close to the festival and all that it had to offer. Perfect for that as we walked to all the events and activities. It's an old hotel that offers a decent place to sleep. If you are looking for the Hyatt Regency, then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a place that offers a great location in the harbour with a fabulous view and great morning walks/runs, then you might like this. I only ate the breakfast buffet and it was great with a decent price. We sat outside by the firepit in the evening and enjoyed the view of the boats coming into dock, quite peaceful. Will be back for next festival weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Superior
1.5 km away
#1 of 9 in Superior
7.7 km away
Comfort Suites Canal Park

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Superior

Been to Barkers Island Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Barkers Island Inn

Address: 300 Marina Dr., Superior, WI 54880-3287 (Formerly Country Hospitality Inn)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Superior
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Price Range: $134 - $171 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Barkers Island Inn 2.5*
Barkers Island Inn is located on an actual island and features a hotel, restaurant, and conference center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barkers Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Barkers Island Hotel Superior