“OMG- Best Spaghetti & Meatballs of my life!!!”

Salvatore's Tomato Pies
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Sun Prairie
Price range: USD 5 - USD 29
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Check out our new location in Downtown Sun Prairie at the corner of King and Main. Newly expanded menu with entrees, full bar with craft cocktails, in a restored 116 year old building. We are proud to source most of our ingredients from local sources including artisan cheesemakers, wisconsin dairy farmers, family farms, and producers. We have a scratch kitchen and bake our pies in a 6000 lb brick hearth oven.
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

In town for a get away with the hubby. My niece lives here so we wanted to meet up and take her out to eat. She suggested Salvatores. Best idea ever. Food was delicious. We ordered an appetizer with polenta, mushrooms, fennel and a few other ingredients. I am not a mushroom fan, but if they will all taste like this in the future, sign me up! I am a spaghetti and meatball fan, and order it often. So of course I ordered the Meatballs and Spaghetti. Menu said 2 large Meatballs, homemade pasta, red sauce etc. Meal was delivered and it tasted FANTASTIC! The pasta was a perfect al dente. Sauce was just how I like it, not filled with chunks of onions etc. AND I got 5 Meatballs. Yumm-O. Could not eat it all. Leftovers, oh yeah! My niece had the meatball pizza which had a burrata filling. She said is was very good. Hubby had the NY strip. Yumm-O on that as well. He said on a scale of 1-10, he gives it a 8.5. Have made my niece promise she will bring me an order of the spaghetti and meatballs next time she comes home to visit. I already can't wait!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We ordered two pizzas and an order of spaghetti with meatballs, and all the food was fantastic. There were plenty of drink options- micro brews, wines and specialty drinks. The service, however, got them a mark down from "excellent", as we had to ask for one of our drinks three times, we were never offered another round, and the waitress didn't check in on us at all until we were completely done. She was very friendly, but we didn't really feel like we were taken care of very well.

Patrick D, Owner at Salvatore's Tomato Pies, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hi there,

Please accept my apology for the less than perfect service experience. That's not st all what we are aiming for. Would you be so kind as to email me s little more information so I can address this? Salstomatopies@gmail.com. I'd like to know which might you were in, and who your server was.

Service is incredibly important and thanks so much for your feedback. We're very glad you enjoyed the food.

Patrick

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Salvatore's Tomato Pies on Saturday April 15. We arrived shortly after opening at 4pm. My wife had eaten at there old Sun Prairie location a few times. This was my very first Salvatore's experience.

We both liked the look of their new digs. Very hip with subtle touches of sophistication.

For starters we ordered, we ordered herb n'cheese. It came with herbed garlic butter and featured mozzarella, smoked Gouda, and garlic confit. The garlic butter it was served with was to die for. The cheese bread was almost a meal in itself...delicious.

For pizza, our server Marley, suggested the Spring Celebration Pie that featured bacon, fiddle heads, ramps, and goat cheese...my god! It was so, so good.

We each ordered Restoration, sugar river, Cider...we both would order it again.

Our server, Marley, was awesome..
Super friendly, and very knowledgeable about the menu. This was the first time I've ever heard of Ramos and fiddle heads...thank you Marley for the great suggestion.

We will return!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Our family and my son's girlfriend went to Salvatores on a Sunday night. I made reservation for 5:30. We started with an order of Calamari which was prepared perfectly. It was a Giant order and it came with a Spicy dynamite sauce. We split the 16 inch Uncle Fat Tony's pizza between 4 of us. It was loaded with goodies with a delicious hand tossed crust. My son had the spaghetti with a house made tomato sauce and 2 large meatballs. Our server wad very friendly and helpful with questions about the menu. The atmosphere was spirited with larger tables intermixed with smaller ones. We will definitely be returning to try other dishes and of course more. Calamari!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

What a great place, full of atmosphere, Great customer service, the waitress was very knowledgeable, answered all our questions. The Pizza was brought out quickly, nice crisp crust....
Amazing!!!!!