“Cj”
Review of Chicken Lips

Chicken Lips
Ranked #13 of 77 Restaurants in Sun Prairie
Cuisines: American
Description: Opened May 2011. Used to be Buckshots. See them on Facebook (url above is to the newspaper article about them; they don't have a website).
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Great place and great food! I had wings with dry rub awesome! Wife had buffalo and they were cooked and seasoned as described. If I lived in Sun Prairie I would be a regular for sure! Must go if in the area!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This was my second visit to Chicken Lips. Last summer's visit, I ordered the Original Wings (by my sister's recommendation). I was disappointed only because they were too spicy for me. The owner said - next time, order the Nude Wings. So I did. There were 13 wings/drummies in the order, which cost $10. There was really no spice at all, but very flavorful and juicy. I now can't wait to go again when I'm in the area. My only complaint is that I could not eat all of them and forgot them in the fridge of my hotel room!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Fast bar food any day, any night. They serve excellent wings, made to your liking! We love the casual atmosphere. Come as you are... stay for wings and a beer!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

If you're on a mission to hit hole in the wall chicken, burrito, and burger joints then you better add Chicken Lips to your short list. And besides that, how can you not smile when you hear a restaurant with the name Chicken Lips?

This is a non-descript house located a few miles from Madison, WI. It's very casual inside -- maybe a dozen tables and a good old fashioned formica bar. From the juke box in the corner to the rusted out condom dispenser in the men's room (I didn't check out the women's room ...) this place smacks of character and fodder for your next conversation with your buddies.

The chicken wings? Very good. I would not call them the best that I've had (Crosstown Pub in Naperville, IL still rules) but they're very good. The homemade blue cheese is not to be missed. My wings were with the house dry rub and were quite tasty.

Two in our group of four had burgers. The burger was quality meat and received that nod of enjoyment with the expected accompanying dribble of burger juice down the chin. The only gripe, and I agree with this, is that the burger is served just by itself on the plate. No tomato. No lettuce. Really? C'mon Chicken Lips. If you can serve celery with chicken wings you can serve lettuce and tomato with a burger.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

This is a little hole in the wall place with AMAZING wings. The staff is really friendly. The other food we got was good as well, but the wings are a MUST. Really great little gem.