All reviews ambassador suite every morning capital suite the bed was extremely comfortable walking distance cinnamon rolls quiche mini fridge huge whirlpool tub spent two nights door county sitting area weekend stay first morning excellent stay b and b a wonderful place to stay
Reviewed 26 July 2018

My stay here was for 2 days. The interior is what you would imagine from an old Victorian home conversion. The room were very, very spacious. I booked the State room. The space was amazing with a huge jetted tub. Was so nice to soak after a fun day exploring Door County. I can say enough about how I enjoyed the breakfast service. You got to pick you time either 8 or 9am and it was delivered to your room. It showed up on an basket, with everything you could want. It was hot, fresh, and just hit the spot. Thanks so much for a wonderful stay. Im going to rate this as luxury, the price is mid-range when compared to other areas, but the quality of this place is Luxury for Sturgeon Bay The only negative I could say is that the building could uses some exterior paint work, but do not let that change your mind and miss out on a wonderfully stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
tdalsanto, General Manager at Diplomat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. We work hard to make everyone's stay the best possible and appreciate any thoughts on how we can make it better. Our building, historic and 150 years old, this year, was freshly painted 3 years ago. I am unhappy to say that it is beginning to show some signs of wear, unfortunately. There is always something with these historical homes! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in the Ambassador suite. Breakfasts were excellent. Suite was quiet and tastefully furnished. Tami and staff are extremely gracious to their guests. Definitely will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
tmdalsanto, General Manager at Diplomat Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you very much for the kind review. I appreciate wonderful guests such as yourselves. It is always my pleasure to try to make each guests stay perfect. I certainly hope to see you again. Thank You!
Tami

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Was excited to stay here but was sadly very disappointed. Breakfast was bland. Room, while clean, was so well worn it approached shabby. Doors within the room didn’t shut quite right, the beautiful woodwork not properly finished or polished, the window panes and sills so very dirty, the mini fridge so noisy we had to unplug, human contact with service people almost nil, (text preferred method of communication), Iornwork fence rusty and in shambles clearly visible from our room windows, front door not properly stained or polished, noise from people above us nearly intolerable. (Vacuuming and washing machine like noises after 10 pm).
It’s a pity because this place has promise. I vote no go.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving the time to review your stay. While you are most entitled to your opinion, I have to say I am very surprised. We take great care and pride in our property and would never leave it in disrepair. There are never washing machines or vaccuum cleaners going after 2pm in the afternoon as our guests peace and privacy are important to us. I am always available to my guests any time I am needed. Although I do not live on the premises, I am just next door. The majority of my guests are staying with us to spend quality time with their loved ones, not me. At the time of your stay, there was no one above you, I am not sure what noise you are referring to, I am sorry you had to endure that. While I make every effort to please my guests,there will always be someone who is not. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay, I truly am. I would have appreciated the chance to hear your concerns during your brief stay so that I could have perhaps done something to make you happy. Peace.
Tami

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We were able to spend 2 nights at the Diplomat Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the Capitol Suite which had a porch. The room was terrific - from the comfortable bed to the shower and enormous tub. We enjoyed the breakfast basket delivered at the time we requested each morning. Tami was very easy to communicate with and made sure we had any questions answered. Would definitely stay again when traveling to the area. It is centrally located within walking distance to some good restaurants.

Room Tip: Capitol suite has great additional sitting areas.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Spent two nights with my husband while visiting family in Sturgeon Bay. LOVED this place. Stayed in the Ambassador Suite and it was so very worth it. Highlights: the tub, the shower, the super-comfy bed, the enormous amount of room, the tea/coffee/cookies right outside our door, the delicious breakfast delivered to our door, the well-stocked bathroom (q-tips and cotton balls always make me smile!) and clear communications from Tami about check-in, breakfast times, etc. Well taken care of. I didn't realize how in need I was of such pampering until we were there! Will definitely return. :) Thank you!

Room Tip: Ambassador is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple