“Always good!”
Review of Old Mexico

Old Mexico
Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner at Old Mexico this evening with a group of friends. Everyone ordered something different and we were all pleased with our meals. I had the Old Mexico Special which had shrimp, chicken and zucchini! It was tasty!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We thought the food was a bit pricey . . . .until we were served. Food flowed to the edges of large plates! The big portions make the meals quite reasonable. I had the quesadilla fajitas, and the sides include some of the best guacamole I've enjoyed in years, More green peppers would have helped, though. This large restaurant has ample seating at the sports bar in front and even more seating in main dining area.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I am not. Mexican food aficionado, but I know this was the best I have had in quite some time. We loved the colorful atmosphere. The service was good. My wife and I both had enchiladas. The sauce was very tasty, the chicken was not overdone as it often is elsewhere. The rice and beans were tasty too. We would definitely give it a try again if we come back to the area

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I first tried this restaurant when it first opened a couple of years ago. And I was not impressed with the overall food quality. To be fair, the restaurant had been open less than 2 weeks which is always difficult for new restaurants. So I gave it a second chance this year with a good friend. The food has definitely improved with the passage of time. My friend and I both started with ordering Margarita's. I chose a medium sized cherry Margarita. My friend chose the large regular Margarita. I would sav that my margarita was a large and hers was an extra large. I really enjoyed my cherry Margarita it was delicious, tart, and not too sweet. The chips and salsa that came with our dinner were crispy and the salsa was just the way I like it, medium spicey. I ordered a triple combo of a cheese enchilada, a cheese quesadilla, and a chiles relleno. All were excellent!
My friend chose the three cheese enchilladas platter. She also enjoyed her excellent enchiladas. The service was excellent. I can highly recommend this restaurant as it has vastly improved with age. I just wish I had not waited so long to visit it again.
Will definitely be returning soon.

1  Thank Cynthia K
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I visited Door county to catch the fall colors and explore some places we've never been. We stopped to eat in Sturgeon Bay at a Mexican restaurant we passed by and are sure glad we did. The staff was terrific and very helpful. We started out with margarita and a michelada. They were terrific. The food was authentic and delicious. We loved everything from the free chips and salsa to the main courses we had. We highly recommend this place if you get the hankering for Mexican while in this neck of the woods.

1  Thank williamsQ9106ZS