“Good food ”

Gilmo's Bar & Bistro
Ranked #50 of 89 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Came here on a slow night. I had the prime rib sandwich which was huge but just average. My daughter at pasta with Alfredo sauce and she just raved about it. My wife had the broasted chicken which was OK. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Was so happy to find this place! We dined here on a Sunday night when not a lot of places are open. I was surprised and happy to learn that they rent boat slips to fishermen in return for a supply of fresh fish. We had both the perch and the white fish, delicious! Kids menu too made the meal great! Thanks.

Thy need more reviews - so if you enjoy it, let people know. :-) I hate it when places like this in out of the way communities struggle because people don't know about them.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We were staying at the resort attached to the restaurant and went for a late dinner. Ordered two steak dinners and mozzarella sticks for our appetizer. All was very good. Wouldn't hesitant to go back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Came at an off time, 4PM, for a late lunch. Not too busy, just patrons at bar. Bartender looked right at us and stared but said nothing. We waited a bit to be seated but no one verbally acknowledged or came up to us so we seated ourselves. Bartender watched us seat ourselves, and looked often at us after seating ourselves. We waited a good 15 minutes before having a waitress come to the table. But this was only after having gone up to the bar asking about service. To which the bartender says, "Oh, I didn't see you come in". REALLY?? The waitress did apologize for the wait, but she too had looked right at us when at the bar briefly. She seemed pleasant enough during service.
Our group was underwhelmed with the food. The bar/bistro has a nice dining room with views of the bay but the food just doesn't match the surroundings. I will not be returning any time soon.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank Free_Range_Gardener
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Best Prime Rib I have ever had and the view for sunset was awesome. Friendly staff a little slow at times but that's minor. Saw another table get the king crab legs and they looked amazing. Will go back.

Date of visit: June 2016