All reviews retro decor until noon music theme steel bridge great retro blast from the past diner counter cookie cutter self serve mid century radio station door county step back in time continental breakfast christmas tree rooms are small hard boiled eggs
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I happened upon the Holiday Music Motel online when looking for a spot to stay overnight for a recent business trip. I was a little leery because I typically stay at one of the bigger chain hotels. However, the mid-range options in the area aren't spectacular, and this place seemed to be a lot closer to restaurants and such than other hotels. I read many reviews and decided to take the chance. I am very glad I did!

For a person who spends a lot of nights in hotels, this was a very welcome break from the typical bland hotel decor. If you travel a lot, you know what I mean. It was just nice to look at something other than beige walls and blah artwork. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the location can't be beat. I don't have photos to include, but will say the rooms look exactly as pictured on their website and in other recent reviews.

The management is very friendly and eager to help. I loved the binder with detailed info about the area and restaurant menus. Also, as a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe and at ease at the hotel and on my walk to/from dinner.

I didn't take advantage of the breakfast since I'd brought something of my own to eat quickly in my room. However, I did visit the diner area to get ice and it looked very clean and well-kept.

I have already raved about this spot to my family and friends. I will certainly stay here again if in the area for business or pleasure!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed 18 October 2017

My friend and I stayed at this hotel and weren't sure what to expect. The retro decor was so much fun to look at. There are quiet hours since the walls are thin. The only noise issue we had was the person in the room walking back and forth above us for a little bit. Breakfast was served in a diner type room. The owner made sure that everything was kept full. The hotel is only a couple of blocks away from the main street. It's in a location that's easy to stores and restaurants. I would stay here again, and have recommended the place to family and friends already.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This motel is so quaint, with extremely comfy beds and super clean! Love the decor, it truly feels like you have stepped back in time! Great location , within walking distance of the bridge, shopping , bars and restaurants. If you are visiting door county area, this is the place to stay! Love Sturgeon Bay as it is not as "touristy" as the other communities, yet you are close enough to drive for a visit if you choose.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We never did spend the night, we had to leave before we could. But I wanted to offer a couple thoughts. Teresa at the front counter is an extremely friendly, personable, and helpful person. She will take good care of you! And the hotel is just as advertised by every other review. The rooms are small, only queen beds, the bathrooms a little small and it is an older property. If you like the nostalgia, you will really like this place. If you like a Holiday Inn, then look for a Holiday Inn. Thanks again for working with us in refunding our money!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Wow is this place retro! Very cool from the minute you walk up to the front door. The gal at the front desk was very pleasant and hospitable. The rooms are retro as well but some things are modern such as the TV and clock radio (which still looks retro). The stairs to the second floor are fairly steep so if you need to unload a lot you can pull around back where the second floor is on ground level as the hotel is built into a hill.

This hotel is walking distance to the downtown shops (Starboard Brewery!!!) as well as the bridge that leads to other places across the bay. I walked one bridge and over to the other bridge and back in 30 minutes.

Date of stay: September 2017