All reviewsdoor countypool area was cleanwould stay here againprice was reasonablepool and hot tubexcellent staya great place to stayfront desk staffbed was comfortablefamily reuniontwo nightsthe breakfast areashort drivefresh fruitgreen bayget awaytarget
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We use this hotel as our "base of operations" when we visit Door County. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a free breakfast as part of the stay; cereal, fresh fruit, waffles, eggs(hard boiled and omelet), bagels,.... Local restaurants are within easy driving range. We plan to go back for our next trip to Door County.
In addition I love their pillows and need to call and ask where they got them. I want one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear Jackie H,

Thanks so much for your kind words, we truly appreciate it. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is a chain hotel, very clean, friendly staff. After an 11 hour drive the hotel was easy to find, check-in was seamless, and the desk clerk was very helpful in directing us to a local restaurant. Breakfast was nice, with some hot items to compliment the typical continental fair. I would use this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear scl305,

Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your nice review and are very glad you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We chose this hotel for several reasons: The good reviews, cheaper price compared to places with a beach view, and the hot breakfast. Everything was as advertised. The beds were comfortable, the room quiet, there was a decent indoor pool, and a breakfast with some hot items like eggs and sausage that changed daily. The staff were helpful, especially when our diabetic child needed some assistance. One one occasion we needed orange juice to treat a low in the evening and also at breakfast we asked to see the oatmeal box to get the carb count. We were never made to feel like a bother. Although I would like to try to stay closer to the glorious Peninsula State Park next time, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Door County on a budget, and anyone traveling with a diabetic. This place gives diabetics a better free option to the standard continental carb fest breakfast. And, it is very close to another state park and not that far to get to the tourist attractions. The only things that I could have wished for were a slightly warmer pool, and real cooked oatmeal instead of the dry packets. And our diabetic son wanted more fresh fruit options than apples and oranges. But those were small things that did not mar our stay. It was a good value.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear llvnazoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a thoughtful review. I am very glad your son's needs were met with expediency and hospitality. I am also pleased to hear the menu we offer does give the diet conscious a fair choice of non-carb options. It is great to get feedback we can use to continually improve and I will share this with the staff, they will be pleased.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next Door County adventure!

Most Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Room was very clean and staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and spacious. Continental breakfast area was clean, well-stocked and had nice variety. Convenient location. Fair price for Door Co. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Online sites indicated no rooms, but when I called the hotel directly they were able to accommodate our stay. Very efficient and good rate for Door Co.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Applefam,

Thank you very much for your great review and for taking time to share. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with the staff as they are always interested to know how happy our guests were with their stay. Again, I really appreciate the review and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were up in Sturgeon Bay for a family reunion, while some family rented a house, that was hot and smelly, we got to go to the hotel with air conditioning and a pool! It was very nice, clean and also had a great free breakfast. Would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear muthcat,

I think you made a very wise decision and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing I truly appreciate the time you took. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.