“Great little winery with a beautiful outdoor patio”

Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by Simon Creek. I've been to wineries all over the US and in various other countries, and wasn't expecting much from Wisconsin wine. Simon Creek definitely blew me away. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the prices are quite reasonable, and the patio is a sunny, relaxing spot to have a glass of vino.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"sweet cherry"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2010

We have been coming to Door County for 20+ years and this year we visited Simon Creek Winery. We loved Simon Creek and actually came back a second time during our stay. We felt very welcome there and both times had a good experience tasting the wines. We were there on a Sunday which is the day they have live music. We purchased some cheese and crackers along with a bottle of the cherry wine to enjoy during the entertainment out on the deck. We had a very enjoyable time even though the weather was a little grey and damp.

The entertainer most Sundays is Mickey Grasso, and I strongly recommend taking the time to listen to him. He plays everything from Jimmy Buffet to 60's and 70's rock to Green Day. I'm just sorry he is only there once a week and we could only see him one time.

Simon Creek will definitely be on our "must do" list next time we are in Door County.

2  Thank CameraDude29
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I have to say we didn't do the tour, but after the first 10 minutes in the door, we didn't want to spend another ten. We are both professional folks and were casually dressed. So much for a warm reception. For a business that relies on tourism, they need to change some things. Money spends the same no matter who you are.

2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I LOVED Simon Creek.

We visited Door County for the first time over Memorial weekend this year. We had decided we wanted to go to at least one of the wineries in the area. After doing some research online, it seemed like Simon Creek would be a good choice, so we headed out there one day later in the morning.

We went straight into the winery itself when we got there and walked around the gift shop first. They had a nice selection of wine-themed items that you could buy.

Then we went over for the tasting. You are given four samples of your choice. The gentleman who was working the tasting that morning was really friendly, very talkative. He took the time to find out what each of us liked and made recommendations for our samples based on that.

I can honestly say that I didn't try anything I didn't like. He really was able to figure my tastes out and make great recommendations. I was also excited to find a red wine (Untouchable red) I loved (I don't usually like red wine) and also a Gewurztraminer (sp?) that I liked (which again, I don't usually like). Also, their cherry wine is AWESOME. My husband really liked his selections, too. In fact, we left there with a case of wine to bring back with us.

The property is pretty. It's in the middle of the peninsula, so there are no views of the great lake, however, this winery is situated in a nice, slightly hilly, very lush field. They've done a great job adding patio, benches, etc. for their visitors to use. They have live bands quite often in the summer so people come out and enjoy the landscape, the wine and the music. If we hadn't been on a tight timeframe we would have gone back later that weekend for the events they had scheduled.

Everyone that worked here was very friendly and helpful. I especially enjoyed talking with the guy at the tasting. He was very knowledgeable and you could tell he truly wanted to be there. He gave us some suggestions on places to see and things to do for the rest of our visit & you could just sense his passion for the area.

3  Thank divinghkns