“One of my favorites!!!”

Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I love stopping at Simon Creek for wine tasting (and then a glass of wine!). The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"sweet cherry"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time here. We learned about the winery through tripadvisor. Great wines with friendly staff. Worth the stop.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

When you first come up to the Winery/tasting/store, it looks a lot like ones you see in California. Looking at the vineyard, however, you can see the vines struggling to stay alive - what there are of them. Although this was a very wet summer, there should have been more on the vines than there was. Inside is very nice - some tourist stuff as expected - and a wine tasting (free, by the way). It appears that the only wines they are growing now are frontenac and concord. All the other grapes/juice is sourced, primarily from California. Two wines were drinkable - the pinot grigio and their tempranillo. We also had a gewurtz which was very pleasant. Still, they're trying.

1  Thank Bruce J
Reviewed 29 June 2017

My sisters took me here as a surprise on my birthday. We did some wine sampling, then ordered some wine and drank it on the deck. The deck overlooks an open field framed by woods. We all remarked it felt like we were in Europe. It was fun chatting with other people who were also enjoying the peaceful surroundings.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Very sterile environment for a wine tasting, cool reception, the bar attendant had no personality. Info about the wines was provided curtly. You are allotted 4 tastes and they hand you a covered souffle cup with exactly 3 pillow cookies inside to cleanse your palate in between your 4 tastes. What if you ate 2 of them between tastings? You'd run out. My goodness, have people been overeating the palate cleansing cookies? I also felt rushed going thru the tasting. However, I did taste some wines that I enjoyed and others I didn't care for, but managed to fill a case to bring home.