All reviews omelette station paul wedding holly accommodations veterans fireplace
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the good things. The lodge is in a great location. The property is nice with a big pool and neat patio/bar area. The breakfast was great. They allowed me to bring my big, friendly dog with me. The room was large and had a sliding door that lead directly to the pet area with a beautiful view.

However, the negatives are far more plentiful.The room could use some updating, especially the bathroom. The 1960/70’s decor is not a nice vintage look, it just looks old and tired. There was a tube tv that is in poor condition (fuzzy picture) and has limited cable options. The bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable.

I will not be staying here again until this place is fully renovated. It could be such an amazing place.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LodgeAtLeathemSmith, Owner at The Lodge at Leathem Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We are looking into what we can do in the very near future for updates.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

It was a lovely place to visit. Front desk staff was wonderful day in and day out.
Loved the different outdoor areas to relax without feeling to overcrowded.
As far as the rooms, they could have use some carpet cleaning. Though surprisingly too bright in the rooms due to cheap blinds that didn't cover not even the street lights from coming into the room. Therefore it may it quite difficult to sleep through the night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
LodgeAtLeathemSmith, Owner at The Lodge at Leathem Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you Norelyz for your review. As we work on updates and end of season notes we will be adding these to the list. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night. First thing I noticed was the bed. They were very uncomfortable and seemed old. Also the shower (pictured) was outdated, dirty, and a little confusing to work.

The TV was a 24” tube TV (pictured) from the 90s that worked about 20% of the time that I wanted to use it.

But I think the worst part of the room was the mold and dirty that I found all inside the air conditioner when I went to point the vent in a different direction. It was really sticky and you could clearly see the mold (pictured).

A few good things was the staff is extremely friendly. Great staff! Also the breakfast and location were great. Right next to the river. And the omelets were perfect.

Probably won’t stay here again because of the room (unless it’s cleaned and updated), but I recommend eating here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
LodgeAtLeathemSmith, Owner at The Lodge at Leathem Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Travis, thank you for staying with us and enjoying our staff and the food. We appreciate those comments very much. However, we're sorry about the air conditioning unit and the shower. We are working to remedy those situations.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I don't really write these types of reviews. However, something needs to be said. Where do I start! This is just a summary. The room had decor of the 60's-70's. Gaping exposed hole in the bathroom where the ceiling heat lamp was located. Toilet paper holder was broken, big 14 inch size stain in the middle of the carpet. The old tube TV was so fuzzy we could barely make out the picture. People smoking in the halls, Another big dark stain under the sheets when checking for bed bugs. Beds were hard, pillows were ok. Overall it was a serious dump!! Almost forfeited the remainder of my deposit and stayed somewhere else. However, we just toughened it out and delt with it. I don't know what else to say but proceed with caution. The morning omelets were pretty good!

Room Tip: Not sure what to say here........the quality of the place was very low.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jetsetter6970,

If you would, please call the front desk at 920.743.5555 and let them know which room you stayed in so we can address these issues. As for 60's-70's decor, yes, in our "Fishing Village" we kept the older decor for a vintage look and feel. Smoking is not allowed inside the property so we certainly wish we would have known this was happening. We certainly will be addressing these comments as a group.

Thank you!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

While at the lodge we experienced a very friendly vibe and were treated with respect! It was a lovely stay, the food was delicious, the rooms clean and the parking was close and easy to find! We stayed in 203 and were very pleased with the maid service during our three days! The only down side was the people next us :( I will definitely be staying again I will be recommending it to all my friends and family!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LodgeAtLeathemSmith, Owner at The Lodge at Leathem Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We work hard to have a nice property where our guests can feel comfortable and enjoy their Door County vacations. We look forward to seeing you again and apologize for the neighbors.