All reviewsomelette stationpaulweddinghollyaccommodationsveteransfireplace
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I traveled with family. When we entered the first of our two rooms we reserved, the smell of stale beer and Lysol was a little overwhelming. I'm not really sure how with a fast room turn over that can be corrected, but wow! The room and bathroom were a decent size, however, the house keeping department could have spent a little more time cleaning and vacuuming. The shower still had some dirt/scum in the bottom of it.
The second room didn't smell but the bathroom walls had coffee or something that ran down the wall next to the sink. As we were settling in, it was apparent that there was a wedding party or guests above us and ready to party. I understand that, but there needs to be some kind of security walking the grounds and hallways to help with the excessive noise into the wee hours of the morning. The walls and ceilings are very "thin" in this respect.
We also had to ask for more towels, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. The trash had not been emptied at any point during our stay either.
On a positive note, the staff in the restaurant/bar were very kind and friendly. The only waitress on staff was visibly very overwhelmed and extremely busy. She was doing her best, but patience was necessary. Willy, the bartender, was really friendly and a great bartender. The complimentary breakfast was great!!!! The omelette station was wonderful as well as the cook. There were plenty of food choices. My suggestion is to get there early as it does tend to get busy.
There are very nice sitting areas scattered throughout the hotel too. The front desk staff was super nice and helpful too.
Also, if you are wanting to go for a casual walk, the lake is very close. Most of the sites and little towns are within 30 minutes or so. So overall a good location.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank oceanmama3
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Mediocre stay, with a horrible bed and small tv. Grounds are not kept up very well compared to others in Door County, and there was a musty smell throughout. Hear view of the water but not worth it. My boyfriend and I's backs still hurt from the horrible mattress.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My family and I happened upon the Lodge as we had to unexpectedly change accommodations during our stay in Door County. (Our booking in nearby Algoma was a total, dusty, moldy bust.) The Lodge had availability, and we stayed in the Fishermans Village. Overall, we had a nice stay, and popping on to Trip Advisor to leave a review, I was surprised to read the details and comments left just a month ago. We luckily arrived at the right time—the room was tidy and had new carpet, a new shower curtain, and a nice little one-cup coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. And having a toddler in tow, being able to walk to the main lodge for dinner and the complimentary breakfast was very handy. The food was average fare; we had the ribs and chicken, plus a drink from the bar where regulars huddled with the friendly bartender. The only negative we encountered was that the beds were not super comfy, but in comparison to previous reviews, they were in good condition and the sheets happily were clean. After our unhappy experience the night before, the Fisherman's Village was a good overnight lodging for us.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is one of the recently renovated options.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tara s
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Positives: omlet station at breakfast---was good but stops before 8am? Only got it one day.
Restaurant food was good and service was friendly.
Tons of towels every day and clean rooms.
Negatives: the rooms are outdated
The door to enter to our hotel room is JUNK. Time to get new locks and keys, thankfully I was able to walk all the way around to our sliding door to have my husband let me in.
The actual lock on our door was also JUNK. The cleaning gals accidentally locked us out, which isn't a big deal but when you have a hungry crying baby it's annoying it happened.
Box TVs... not a big deal to me because I didn't come on vacation to watch t.v. but my husband wasn't happy. Had to get a new remote to change the channels.
Bedspreads were trashy with what looks like cigarette burns in them.
We would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Last minute booking. I know they tried to upgrade the site, but it needs a total gutting. And make over!! The staff is unfriendly and inattentive. Over paid for the room and there is mold and dirt everywhere. Great for collage kids and a drunken night but not for anyone that enjoys travel. It's also not easy to get to. If there is another option of a hotel stay there! Not exceptable!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family