All reviews mom and pop motel old fashion joanie goodies office
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I was traveling with a colleague when we got stuck in the worst ice/snow storm ever. Our trip was suppose to be a little under three hours, but took us six. It was a little passed midnight and they came to the door with smiles on their faces and concern in their eyes. JR and Joanie went on to tell us that the office was open 24 hours and all the goodies and snacks as well as hygiene supplies were offered in a small variety, but we were welcomed to it all free of charge. Now this is not a hotel with a pool and sauna and workout center, but what they do offer is worth way more than all of that put together in my book, (they do have internet though,lol). I will tell you and take it from someone who travels for a living, these two people no doubt in my mind will continue to be successful for years to come. It was almost like staying with Aunt Bea and Andy!!! Best beds beds and linens ever!!!! Super comfy pillows too!!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank NiCole P
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Rooms have been updated since we last stayed here. The updated shower head almost made it impossible for me to get out of the shower. Bedding has been improved and for a small motel's their tv has more channels than most chains have.

The owner is very friendly and welcoming. Snacks and tea/coffee are plentiful in the office and a microwave popcorn was provided for us in our room.

There are ample grounds to walk dogs.

This is our go to place in Sister Bay, although this is typically our stopping place on the way to Washington Island. Great for a night or two as their are no cooking facilities.

I wish there were more motels like this!

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 are farthest from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

It you need a place to stay with your family and your dogs this is the place to come. It's clean, the owner is friendly and she has snacks in the office at all times for you to get if you need some. To top it off the prices are reasonable to stay. She even has a crate if you don't have one for your dog to stay in. I will be back definitely be back again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

My travel motto is "you get what you pay for" and that definitely applies here. Super nice owner, dog friendly (no extra fees!) and under $100 which is probably unheard of in Door County! Comfy beds, free popcorn and snacks in the lobby. Yes, it's older but totally fine for overnight.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Leigh75
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Nuttin' fancy. As Tom Bodet would say when you turn out the lights they all look the same. If you want small own hospitality the place is for you. They except pets and have more than a little strip of grass to take them out to. I love the faux waterfall and pond with the classic pink flamingo. Small fridge and micro what more could you want. And it's right on the edge of town. Have stayed there several times before and am gonna' stay there again the week after Labor Day. Sit back and relax.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family