“Missing jacket”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Dallas
“Missing jacket”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Within minutes of leaving Fountain Place I realized I left a suit jacket hanging on the rack in the room. I called the hotel and they "looked" but there was no jacket there. Sorry, it WAS there and I no longer own that jacket. I wouldn't go back. Minimal room at best anyway.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Marytxtraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. Poor service. That's all I can say.

Oh, and it smells.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank C C

Travellers are raving about these Sheboygan hotels

wi
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Thanks again for a delightful time at Fountain Park, We loved our stay and look forward to our next time there. I miss your coffee!

We recently spent a week in Sheboygan visiting family and had the good fortune to stay at Fountain Park Motor Inn. This actually was our second time at Fountain Park, and we happily endorse staying there. The rooms are clean and quiet. The motel is centrally located in downtown, is across the street from a nice park and is a few blocks from beautiful Lake Michigan so you wake up to the sound of seagulls. A very nice family restaurant is on-site where we had breakfast every morning. The restaurant is always packed with locals, which is the best endorsement any place can get.

We heartily recommend Fountain Park Motor Inn and look forward to our next visit there.

B and L.-D
California

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank illyria44
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I say this place should be closed down, first of all we arrive no one in the office they quote us 46 dollars go to pay says it comes to fifty two with tax then on my reciept showed 55 was pissed about that...then the room was all stinky and smelled musty...i am not sure what was wrong with the bathroom it was leaking from the sink and toilet and the hot water in the shower was just lukewarm...didn't even need the cold water it's like they controll it. As far as the beds ragedy as hell...they r like the 99 re-used beds and sheets could give up paper cuts litteraly...towels smelled used and you could basically hear everything in the parking lot...couldn't wait to leave that place...oh yea and far as the restaurant...THE STEAK SUCKED!!!!!!!!.....absolutely no flavor whatsover...my advice....only status this motel has is downtown....stay away ....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pissedtraveler
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

My girlfriend and I chose this motel due to it's location to downtown. It is within walking distance to most of the downtown bars. Now that I've pointed out this motels ONLY advantage, let me list it's disadvantages.

We get there on Friday afternoon around 5 and there is no one to be found in the office. We had to dial a number on a phone and had to wait 20 minutes just to check in. The person at the front desk then rattled off a huge list of rules that we had to abide by or they'd kick us out. Like that we can't have visitors at the motel past ten. No one who was visiting could park their cars in the parking lot at all, even before "curfew". We can't leave the heater running or they'll charge us a $50 dollar fee.

After we checked in, we then walked around the motel building, but while we were walking around, this creepy guy was parked right outside our door watching us. He then let me park in his spot so we could unload. He then got out of his car and started creeping around the building. It was really creepy.

The room itself wasn't awful, just what you'd expect from a $70 motel. It listed that there was a fridge, but there was no fridge. It listed that there was ice, but there was no ice machine to be found. We called the front desk with these issues and they told us that they keep the ice machine locked up and that there were no fridges in the motel. So in order for us to get ice we had to call the front desk so they could unlock the room with the ice machine.

The bathroom wasn't all that bad either. It had a toilet, sink and a shower. The shower itself had terrible pressure. The towels were old and had what I am sure are "love stains" on them.

We went out that night with her friends. We came back after "curfew" with some of her friends who had too much to drink and couldn't drive home. The woman at the front desk watched us walk to our room, then told us that the people couldn't stay and made them leave, despite telling her that they were too drunk to drive.

If you're looking for a nice motel to bang a hooker in, look no further. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

Again, overall this was a terrible experience. I will NEVER stay at this motel again. I'd rather sleep on a park bench. As for the people rating this above a 4, I don't know what motel you were stating at, but it wasn't this one. My girlfriends sister stayed at a different hotel, which we were both extremely jealous of, the Harbor Winds Hotel. For just another 8 bucks a night, you can stay at an extremely reputable hotel with excellent accommodations.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple