“Rhyme time”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Jerrabomberra Hotel
Price range: USD 11 - USD 25
Description: Book Menu Open Times Birthday Club It's time ... You can't get much more local than the Jerrabomberra Hotel (or Jerra Tavern, as many still call it). You know you can rely on us for relaxed, affordable meals with the kids, or a nice cold one after work. Or pick up something from our bottle shop. We're family owned and run, by locals.
Reviewed 3 February 2017

We stopped in at Jerrabomberra back in December, the name of the town is awesome, I play the rhyming game with my daughter all the time and it is a hoot so Jerrabomberra sounds like it fits right in to the game. The town itself is a suburb of Queanbeyan (I couldn’t make this stuff up) and we stopped in at the Jerrabomberra Hotel for lunch on our way out of Canberra and the ACT. Lively place even early afternoon, a lot nicer than I thought it would be and the menu is good basic pub food so it’s hard to go wrong with that. Schnitzel burger was a bit overcooked, fish and chips was perfect and the steak sandwich was done right and tasted great. No complaints except some of the rowdier clientele in the bar, yelling and swearing up a storm about anything and everything. Maybe they thought they were the entertainment but mainly were just kind of obnoxious. Other than that, the service was friendly enough, the food was good and the pricing was where it should be. If they could get the boors out that would make it a much better experience.

1  Thank JGDynamo

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Focused on drinkers and punters, Food is good - has been very nice at stages when the right caterer is there. If you want a meal - probably best at lunch when it's not so busy with drinkers.

1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Food is pretty good but eating outside is pretty disappointing with smokers ignoring signs and smoking near the doors and in the non smoking area.
Didn't help that none of the staff picked them up as they went by.

1  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 7.30pm and the place was already very loud and as we were catching up with friends we had not seen I months it was dissapointing that it got worse as the night went on.
I had the chicken Parma and asked for extra napolitano sauce, the response was, will see what we can do, sadly it seems they could do very little as the sauce was not even enough to cover the Parma. Worst they placed the Parma ontop of the chips,
Maybe try a quieter night, it was only okay I was a bit disappointed

2  Thank AussieReviewBloke
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

The food is excellent. I had a fantastic bourbon steak special and after my wife got her lamb, my brother ordered a second meal so he could have one too.

1  Thank Steve3630