All reviews black beans lodge home king bed next year our waiter nice place to eat a great place to stay nice resort whirlpool tub beautiful view of the lake flea market burger condo office property wedding renee
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This review may be a little harsh as we were maybe expecting something that the management doesn't consider necessary. My wife and I stayed in one of the cabins with 2 bedrooms and a fireplace. We were not able to sleep in the bedroom with the king bed because the light/ceiling fan had an electrical short in it and the light was flickering on and off as well as the fan. The fan was needed because the place doesn't have air conditioning, which we didn't know until we checked in (maybe our fault that we didn't do the research). We slept in the room with twin beds that we barely fit in. The also don't supply bathroom amenities such as shampoo, soap or shower gel and the bathroom is extremely small. They did supply towels but no wash cloths. The place also does not have a dishwasher. I will say that the property is beautiful and the view from our deck was great, but we weren't prepared for a bare bones living situation where we had to supply our own wash cloths, soap, shampoo and do our dishes by hand. We paid for 2 nights but we left after the first night because it was so hot that we couldn't stand being sleeping in the heat and humidity. We won't go back.

Room tip: Check to make sure your room has AC
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 435jayz
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We stayed in a lodge home. It was beautiful! We loved all the space. Two bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other with two twin beds. Our bedroom also had a whirlpool tub. This was awesome after a long day of snowmobiling!
Renee, in the office, was super helpful and friendly. It was fun talking to her about the property. Clearly, the people who own the property are pretty wonderful people. I like that about places I stay.
The property is great. I am sure it's beautiful in summer, but even in winter, it is amazing.

Room tip: There is a good variety of types of rooms. You should easily find one that is right for your needs.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz N
Reviewed 18 January 2018

To make this story short and not get into too much detail. TV in bedroom did not work and living room TV channels were scrambled. Resort at check out said they would discount our stay. My room mates paid $145 a night and they charged me $177 a night! I called the next day to get a refund and she said you need to get the money from my room mates! WTF makes no sense, my room mates are not the ones who charged my credit card. She clearly did not know what she was doing. We have been staying at this place for 7 years off and on and will never go back. You cannot charge 3 people different rates and all stayed at same time!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank libra612
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for anyone on a Honeymoon. It’s quiet, secluded and romantic. They have a whirlpool cabin with a fireplace that will suit any and all romantic times. The staff are very helpful to set things up for you to make this a perfect romantic getaway.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Wow! What a nice resort. We stayed in a 2 bdrm condo. Beautiful view of the lake. Along with the modern clean amenities. They do have a small bar and restaurant. But since we wanted to try the local scene food, we didnt try it. We attended a large wedding at this place and was done very nicely. Cant wait to get back to the black bear next year.

Date of stay: October 2017