“Excellent Polish fare”
Review of Polonez

Polonez
Reserve with OpenTable
Polonez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 0 - USD 15
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2015

This was the first time I visited Polonez Restaurant, recommended by my son. The food was outstanding. I ordered the Sampler meal so that I could try different entrees and I was very glad that I did. I was able to try the Polish sausage, four different types of pierogi (all 4 were excellent), stuffed cabbage (so delicious), potato pancake and Polish potato salad. Then I tried some of my dinner partners meals; borscht (absolutely fantastic) and czarnina. We couldn't finish our meals, but we did order one dessert to divide between three of us. We had the Polish torte, and I wish I would have had room to eat it all by myself; it was excellent. We were there early on a weekday evening and it was fairly quiet. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. She told us that this was the last Polish restaurant in Milwaukee. I hope they are there for many more years. We will definitely return soon and often.

1  Thank BONNIE C

Reviewed 1 October 2015

I have been coming to this restaurant for about 10 years.The food is always excellent. I have ordered from the menu and sampled the buffets. On my last visit I had a large salad with boiled eggs and caviar. Everything was so fresh, it was unbelievable. The service was excellent and our server was very attentive.

1  Thank marybE1187BV
Reviewed 27 September 2015

We visited this restaurant as part of a coach tour with Country Traveler's Discovery. Even though the restaurant is normally closed on Mondays, they hosted our group of 40+ people with family style service of a variety of their dishes. All were very good. The hostess was very pleasant, and clearly pleased with serving her customers.

The dinner included salad, rolls, polish sausage, potato pancakes with applesauce, stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce, perogi (one with pork stuffing, one with cheese stuffing), sauerkraut, and a cheesecake dessert.

If we lived in the area, we would certainly make this a place we'd go back to.

2  Thank ROBERT S
Reviewed 13 August 2015

My husband & I were recently here for a family friend's funeral late afternoon dinner. The private buffet was so plentiful that I'm sure I will forget to list some items. Regardless, to name a few, there was a delicious borscht, rolls & butter, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes, stuffed cabbage, Polish sausage, hunter's stew, baked chicken, BBQ ribs, lightly breaded pork cutlets, cheese pirogi's, cheesecake, carrot cake & mini cream puffs; all done perfectly and obviously homemade. There were at least 50 people in attendance and everyone at our table of 10 agreed that the food was absolutely outstanding! Kudos to the chef(s) as it was a job well done!! Although the bar and wait staff were busy, everyone did their best to be attentive and polite.

I only wish we lived closer as we would patronize this restaurant more often. Many awards on the walls are apparently well deserved! Every restaurant should live up to their standard. We are looking forward to visiting again for a happier occasion.

1  Thank ciaorenata
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Service was great, food was excellent, large selection of Polish beers. Very friendly atmosphere. Also they have a GREAT fish fry.