All reviews cheese omelets stay there again parking lot the breakfast area beds were very comfortable microwave towels mattress
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Entering the hallway we were greeted by a faint but unmistakable odor of weed. We found a pair of pajama pants abandoned by the previous guest in our room, which makes you wonder how thoroughly it was cleaned. The rooms on either side and above us partied late and loud and we could hear it all. Both the milk and the yogurt at breakfast were expired.

Despite the pants, it seemed clean enough. Giving it 2 stars because I didn't feel unsafe, just annoyed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann M
Vernali V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for submitting your comments but I'm not sure this is the hotel you stayed in. I checked our guest history and the only recent guest with the same initials as you stayed on 10/6/17 in a room 2 doors down from the front desk. If there was a smell of marijuana my desk clerk would have alerted me because I was in the building that night. You stated in your review that the milk and yogurt were expired but the expiration date on the products we served on October 7 were 10/15/17 on the milk and 11/9/17 on the yogurt. You also stated that the guests on either side of you were loud but we have a storage room on one side of that guest room. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm not sure this is the hotel where these things happened. If you would like to discuss this with me please feel free to contact me. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Plastic cover over mattress made the bed hot, sticky, and uncomfortable. You may want to take the time to remove it and remake the bed before sleeping. Room was average and pretty clean and had free wi-fi, microwave, and surprisingly large refrigerator. Shower and room air conditioner worked pretty well. Hotel is located just off Hwy 8 on the far south end of Rhinelander so there are few options that are close for meals. There is a Culver's right across the street.

Room Tip: Remove the plastic mattress cover for a more comfortable sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vernali V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm sorry about the issue with your bed. I will have housekeeping take care of that. I'm glad you found your room clean and that you appreciated some of the amenities we offer. You're right, we are very fortunate to have restaurants close by. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Worst experience ever! Room was damp and musty. Paid in cash because I didn't want to put on a credit card. Cancelled second night and could not get cash refund. They credited my card that I did not use. I do not recommend and staff person was rude and told me to file a complaint about not getting cash refund. So I am here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly D
Vernali V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

I'm sorry you don't agree with our hotel policy but we don't hold cash at our hotel for safety reasons. It is standard policy in the hospitality industry to give credits by crediting credit/debit cards or sending a check. When you came to the desk stating you were leaving early your credit card was credited immediately and without question. Thank you for your input.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

it was a very nice place to stay. the front desk person think her name was ashley was very nice and happy and joked with us which i really liked. the rooms where very clean. i really enjoyed the back sitting area out side where you could sit and watch the river. the manager vernali was very nice too. i would deffinatly come again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Vernali V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your review of our property. It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Rhinelander. We are pleased that you experienced such friendly service from our staff. We're also pleased that your room was so clean and that you found the time to enjoy our comfortable and relaxing back yard to watch the river. Thank you for leaving your recommendation for others and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

For a "value" hotel it was very nice. It looked like it was recently updated and painted. Clean, beds comfortable, nice pillows. The breakfast was good. Plenty of choices hot or cold. Nice sitting area by the river that runs by the back of the hotel. Price was reasonable overall. Air worked great! Quiet too! I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Vernali V, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very glad to know that you were so happy with so many different aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting our cleanliness, comfort, breakfast, and relaxing back yard. We're glad to kow you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.