“Nice supper club”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Came here with several friends. The food was as expected for a supper club. We had excellent service and overall a pleasant experience. Nothing special - a solid supper club.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The White Stag Inn has been around for decades with the same location, menu, and food quality. If you like meat (steak, chicken, pork) or select seafood (shrimp) -- you can get a charcoal meal that will rival any Chicago steakhouse. I don't come here for service or ambiance, I come here for a great steak when I'm in northern WI.

This is old school. No website, wifi, or TV.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

White Stag Inn - Sugar Camp - Rhinelander WI - it had been over 25 years since my last visit and Ron Faiola's - "Wisconsin Supper Clubs" book brought us back for this visit and I loved every minute of it. The minute you walk in you smell the open fire pit in the dining room and it just enhances the Northwoods ambiance. We started at the bar with a couple of Wisconsin classics - Brandy Old Fashioneds. As we conversed with the bartender, we learned he was the owner and had been for many, many years. He introduced us to their flavorful, housemade, salad dressing after we asked, "what's in the brown bag?" I'd suggest not leaving without buying a quart of your favorite - you'll get to sample one or all three at dinner. Dinner was delicious and a spectacular presentation with my pork chops being "plated" from the serving cart, tableside. I love the lettuce wedges served in the over sized bowls, the baked potatoes, and the pork chops are the best. We really enjoyed our visit and I guarantee you that it won't be 25 years before we visit again - we'll be back soon. Stop and visit this Wisconsin Northwoods classic - you'll love it.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Every time I visit the Northwoods of Wisconsin, I make it a point to eat at the White Stag. The place never changes -- and I mean that in the most positive way. The menu has been the same since I was a child, the food prepared the same way and the quality dependable. See what all the talk is about -- eat at the White Stag!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Our group of 4 ordered 4 different cuts of steak. They were all delicious, along with the sauted mushroooms, and roasted onions. The home made salad dressings were all wonderful.
The young male server greeted is with "so, are you ready to order?" He returned to drop off the salads. When he brought out the steaks he quickly served and I asked if I could have another wine?
Later the rest of the table requested fresh drinks. (None provided) As he served steaks to the table next to us, he splashed the au jus on my back and I felt the hot juice through my shirt.
As we finished our meal we asked the hostess if we could have our drinks which we could see at the bar?? She promptly brought them over.
Our young server continued spinning around clueless of the poor service. He made no effort to provide friendly professional service. The food was good, the service was disappointing.

1  Thank Shelly S