“My Hotel Stay at Super 8 in Racine,WI”
Review of Super 8 Racine

Super 8 Racine
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Reviewed 7 October 2009

My stay was very good.I liked how it was pretty close to Walmart but it was right next to a Harley Davidson shop. But otherwise it was a really good stay.And if you are going to eat some KRINGLE it is pretty close to an O&H Bakery.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2008

Room was too small for the rollaway unless you tip the table on it's side and slide it across the room and fill the closet with it. Even so, the bed barely fits. The roll away used at this hotel has a really nasty bar across the back--it was so bad, we just did away it for the 2nd night and I forced my parents into a single bed. Dude at the front desk was very odd, but happy to take off the charge for the rollaway. Didn't bother with the free breakfast. Shower drain is full of hair from previous guests. Nasty.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 16 September 2008

The good was a reasonable continental breakfast, wireless internet, adequately quiet., marginal A/C, good parking, easy access, O.K. plumbing.

The ugly started with the size of the room. we had booked a 2Q ns with a rollaway request -- we traveled as a group of 3 adults.

We asked for a confirmation of the rollaway request at time of on-line booking, but none came, so called directly to confirm it -- received a positive response. Doubt it was ever read.

When we arrived and attempted to locate the rollaway which arrived promptly following the reminder at checkin, we had to struggle to move a heavy table so that it partially blocked the entrance in order to clear space for the rollaway. Upon checkout, I told the manager (Mahesh Patel) about the room being to small to accommodate the rollaway among the furniture, and he responded it was a standard Super 8 2Q room, and that the king room would have made positioning it easier. (Curiously, we had spent a previous night at the Super 8 in Black River Falls, WI and had no similar problem..)

One problem is that the beds must be locked in position as we could not move them closer together. And while attempting to move them, discovered how cosmetic the room cleaning is. The carpet was filthy. The rollaway itself was not particularly confortable.

Penny pinching was evident in the supply of just one daily bar of thin soap for both the wash basin and shower combined. TV was somewhat limited, lacking many common cable channels.

Reviewed 27 August 2008

I stayed the night of 8/25/08 and the motel was booked by my employer. When I learned I would be staying at a Super 8, I was a little leery. This Super 8 is like most I've stayed at. It is "dated" as bedspreads need replacing and the hotel in general looks weathered. The free continental breakfast offered is nothing to write home about. I believe it starts at 6 a.m. and I arrived at 7:15. The counter was not clean and the milk container was not in ice, but rather sitting on the counter, so I skipped having cereal. There was no fruit nor whole grain breads. The apple and orange juice came from a machine which was fine. There was bagels and frosted donuts, but these are not a healthy choice. I was in a hurry so I just had two slices of toast.

I won't be staying at any Super 8 again. I recommend spending the extra few dollars and upgrade.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This is an average Super 8, for an average price. The room was OK, but the corridor carpets need a thorough cleaning - or replacement. Very unusual: I was charged 25 cents to receive a fax. An extreme case of nickel-and-diming!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
0.3 km away
0.3 km away
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
7.5 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk

Been to Super 8 Racine? Share your experiences!