See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The owner was very kind and the rooms were fairly clean but many rooms were unusable and in need of repair, the breakfast lacked variety, and on two occasions keys were given to the wrong room. A little disconcerting walking into a room where someone was in the shower. Floorboards were missing, ceiling tiles missing. A bit too expensive for the accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were at the Bridgeport Inn recently. This is obviously an one owner operation as he worked 99% of our visit. He has posted that lobby quiet hours are from 11pm to 6 am. We started to play cards in the lobby at 8:45 and he told us we had to be quiet RUDELY. I have never felt that I needed to whisper in a hotel lobby in my life! The beds were like sleeping on box springs and the place in general would fit into the 1970’s. Breakfast was average but only served until 9 am on the weekends. I sat in the lobby around 10 am and many people were stopping in for breakfast that had been closed down a hour earlier! The pool is nice but has a creepy shower in the room. We called to ask them to clean our room because we ran out of tp. They did not even come up to our room. Overall, it was like stepping back in time. I think the owner should stay at the AmericInn or Microtel down the street to see what a 2017 hotel should be run.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have travelled throughout the US and Europe, so we have a realistic understanding of what mid-priced lodging should offer (2.5-3.5 star).

Our room at the Bridgeport was in disrepair, with a refrigerator that didn’t work, two lamps without light bulbs, and a bathroom vanity faucet that was falling apart and only produced cold water.

We rarely complain, but when I mentioned how disappointed we were with the room, I received a mixed response. The relatively new employee was very apologetic, said they were trying to remedy problems, and acted genuinely concerned. The manager (or owner) she referred me to asked why we didn’t say anything, and that he could have given us another room. What I get from that kind of response is pretty much that “it’s the guest’s fault they were disappointed because they failed to ask to be reassigned to an upstairs room late at night after they had unpacked (all vacancies were upstairs rooms).”

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here over the labor day weekend. The motel is in dire need of updating. Worn out carpet, old beds, (but slept okay). Carpet is a mess. However,. the owner, check in clerk, insisted that he had only one room left and the town was pretty much sold out. As we sat outside and watched numerous people check in I finally ask one if he told them it was the last room there and no rooms in towns same purchase scare tactic.. Shame on him. I would not stay here again. The good points were the pool, hot tub but needs updated. Breakfast was small but okay.

Room Tip: Eat dinner next door at the steak house. YUMMMM
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Way over priced. Had to unplug refrigerator to be able to plug in cable box for tv. Small tv with worst sound ever. Very few toiletries for 3 people. (2 soaps, 1 shampoo and 1 lotion). No coffeemaker in room. Sewer type odor coming from vent on outside wall. Pool area very rundown and in need of upkeep. Indoor pool not heated. Bath towels thin, one had big hole in it. Paid 129 for one of worst hotels ever.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family