“disappointed”

Ruxy's Cottage Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Port Wing
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2014

after reading previous reviews I had to stop.

The outside was untended and the place was closed and for sale.

After stopping across the Store I found that the place had closed last October.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Unfortunately I have to give this café a low rating. I'm sure on a great day, their food is wonderful, but we just had a bad experience. We were passing through town and had been having a hard time finding some place to stop for lunch. Stumbled across Ruxy's and hoped for the best. As soon as we sat down, they said they were completely out of hamburgers (it seemed like half of their lunch menu consisted of burgers) so not much left to choose from. They were also out of the pop we asked for and soup. We all ended up just getting chicken fingers which were ok, but definitely not what we were hoping for.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Passing through Port Wing on the way from Bayfield to the Bois Brule river, we stopped at the Ruxy Cottage. I enjoyed my North Philly hamburger here. My wife did also, she had the same. Chopped green pepper, bacon and onion on an 8 oz burger; a tasty bun and as noted above a small amount of baked beans and coleslaw. There were some sliced dills too.

This is a north woods themed cafe. The service was good; a sweet and pretty, late teen. She did everything right as a server. The bathrooms were clean.

Give it a try.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Restaurant appears to be very popular with locals and serves about 6 different kinds of burgers as well as sandwiches and breakfast. The plain burger - either a 1/4 or 1/2 pounder - only comes with pickles and about a tablespoon's worth of beans and coleslaw. Tomatoes and onion is extra.

Washrooms are clean and there is ample parking if you are hauling a trailer etc. Our waitress was friendly and a little crazed - it was her second day and the place was pretty full, about 30 people but she maintained her sense of humour and was very efficient.