“Cozy”
Review of The Port Hotel Inn

The Port Hotel Inn
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We felt right at home. We splurged for room 306 which included a fireplace & whirlpool bath. Those things certainly affected our positive opinion on the room! The bed was comfy. The shower was great (spacious, great water pressure and plenty of hot water- the perfect shower trifecta). The free breakfast options were outstanding. You could pay a for other options but there is no need because the free options are excellent and delicious. The room had DirecTV, but the TV itself was ancient and not a high def flat screen. That fits the quaint theme of the room but for the price they could upgrade the quality of the TVs. But that's a nitpick because we only watched it right before bed. Service was fast and friendly. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 306 is worth the extra money for the whirlpool bath. But if stairs are an issue for you, stick with...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I just want to say on behalf of my Wife Jane and I, what an awesome time we had here, it was quiet, comfortable, clean and convenient, We stayed in room 303 and it was perfect, it met all of our needs, it has a big queen bed, a desk and chair, big bathroom and very large shower, all of the staff are very friendly and helpful when we saw them, we had breakfast delivered to our room, it was prepared perfectly, delivered on time by a very friendly delivery guy, we will return, hopefully people do not find out about this little gem of a hotel in Port Washington WI.
DD

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Place feels dated,very nice appearance,however the food and service need updating. Only two couples and service wait for waitress was ridiculous. And serving cokes in the 8oz glass full of ice then charging per soda? Found out on my second,because " nothing's free"? Her tip was. Food tasted microwaved,small portions. Slow and bad,first and last visit

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephan I
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We visited the Port Hotel in late March 2017. My wife and I were in room 301, very nice accommodations. Room was good sized for a hundred year old hotel. Very nice bathroom with stand up shower and all the niceties of a bed and breakfast.

We had a drink in the bar upon arrival around 6pm on a Friday. No happy hour on Friday but that was ok. Bartender Mike was very nice, explained a few beers to us that were not familiar. Bar snacks in a basket on the bar was a great touch. We did not stay for dinner at the hotel but quite a few people were and I heard it was very nice.

The breakfast is the big winner. We ordered via a door tag when we arrived. There are breakfasts included with the room rate or you can order more for a charge. My wife had the yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, muffin option. She enjoyed it all. I had the chocolate chip pancakes. They were WONDERFUL. Arrived right on time at 7:30 as selected. Big tray with the food, utensils, water, coffee, cream, sugar, butter for muffin. All was brought into the room and we left it on the tray stand and ate in bed. Perfect breakfast.
We enjoyed our stay at the Port Hotel Inn and will come back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

A previous reviewer thought this lovely inn was quirky, and now after a three day stay I understand and agree. First, let me say how nice the staff was. Even in the oddest of circumstances they tried to make me feel welcome and were certainly service-focused. Definitely NOT quirky. However, after checking in early, I was told that there would be NO other guest and NO staff member in the entire inn from 3 pm until nearly 7 am the next morning. I was given a key to the building so I could go get dinner, since the inn has also closed their restaurant in the lower level for dining. Also, could not use my free drink ticket since there was no service in the bar, either. There is no gathering room for inn guests, and no comfortable chair in the room I had, so it was either the desk chair or the bed, although other rooms appear to have stuffed chairs, from the photos. I requested a Queen room, but they reserve this for a favorite guest, so I was given a King. And from other reviews it seems we all have had the same room, 204, (except for newlyweds who get room 201). Being alone in the building for 16 hours, on my first stay there and first time in town, was unsettling to say the least. I was given the cell phone number for the owner, who does NOT live in the area, in case of an "emergency". And the Police are 900 feet away around the corner. Breakfasts both mornings were excellent. Right on time, hot, delicious, well-appointed, etc. Staff members offered to carry my bags up and down the steep stairs, since there are no elevators. Free parking was right on site behind the building. Hard to sleep the first night alone in the building. The second night the 2:20 am (!!) garbage truck pick up and the 5 am snow plows also interrupted a good night sleep, but those are NOT the fault of the inn staff. The second evening the bar was open from 3 to 6 pm. A DELIGHTFUL sitting corner with a cozy fireplace and soft lighting made my time there very relaxing. Would I stay here again? Still uncertain. If I had been told in advance there would be no one else in the building I would NOT have kept my reservation, as a woman traveling alone. But I survived and had quite the adventure.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
13.9 km away
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg

Been to The Port Hotel Inn? Share your experiences!