“Nice place”

The Port Hotel Restaurant and Inn
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the Kohler remodeled room. Wasn't so great of a bathroom like they claimed but the room was nice , quite and the service and food in the restaurant was pretty good. I would go back if I was to go to port Washington again. Loved the fireplace.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Port Hotel Restaurant and Inn

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Our group of 12 included 6 children 8 and under and the staff was delighted to accommodate us in a separate dining room. The food was varied and delicious causing us each to eat beyond our fill.
Our only complaint was the omelet station. The chef was only able to make one at a time and this slowed things considerably. A couple of us got food to feel the kids and went back for our own. We ordered our omelet before getting the rest of our food in order to save time and get back to the kids and the chef did two omelets of people he perceived to be in line before us forgetting that we had each already been in line twice. Luckily the children were perfectly behaved or this treatment may have caused havoc to other diners.
The the food itself more than made up for the lapse. We particularly enjoyed the waffles with strawberries on top and once we got them the omelets. The potatoes were especially tasty as were the sausages and ham.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sheboygannancy
Reviewed 9 January 2016

This hotel is first class! Service in the hotel and bar were fantastic! Restaurant food was okay but our stay in the hotel made up for it. We loved the fact we could have cocktails, have dinner, stay over in very comfortable room and eat breakfast without having to go outside. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: No elevator but staff wanted to carry our luggage to our room.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy4769
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I'm so glad I took a chance on this inn. An amazing, attentive, friendly and welcoming staff, coupled with a refreshingly unique room. I loved every second of my stay there. Just down the road from the lakefront, and a short walk from some downtown shopping, I've found my annual fall vacation spot. Everything in the room worked flawlessly, the bed was huge and fantastically comfortable, the robes were warm and soft, the shower was massive and soothing, breakfast was delivered exactly when I asked for it...I just can't say enough good things about this gem of a place.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel was great but be warned not handicap friendly. Location was great and room was lovely. Only drawbacks are that I wish they had provided a better quality of toilet paper--seriously--bring your own. Same goes for Kleenex and bath products. Expected a higher quality from this boutique hotel. CANT RECOMMEND THE RESTAURANT. Not only is the menu outdated but so is the atmosphere. I understand that they are going for a period look but they need get rid of the plastic flowers. I would rather have carnations on my table.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
9.1 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
20.8 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

Been to The Port Hotel Restaurant and Inn? Share your experiences!