New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Neenah
Seattle, Washington
“Barely Hanging On!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is one of those cases where the pictures you see of the establishment look much better compared to "real life." I could tell upon arrival the place was "barely hanging on."

I will say this - we were treated well by the management/staff. I think they were thankful for the business.

Everything is just a tad below average. Nothing horrible - nothing great. A little on the "run down" side of the fence. If they hadn't had been so friendly, I would lowered them down a notch.

The swimming pool was not too bad - the hot tub luke warm at best....

We didn't stay for the breakfast.

If you're looking for something near the highway, fairly inexpensive, and you don't need anything fancy, then you'd be okay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
oumsanti, Manager at Days Inn Neenah, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests wheter it is good or bad.

I agree with you, we are proud of our team, their freindliness and professionalism. Please know that we have been diligently working to improve our hotel and that includes rooms and public areas. So far, we have replaced our mattresses, renovated our indoor heated pool & spa and we will be featuring flat panel TVs in very near future.

We have also improved and upgraded our breakfast offerings. In addition to our continental breakfast, we have also introduced hot items such as biscuit and gravy, hot waffles and hot Oatmeal.

We hope to be of service in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 920 720 9020.

Rani P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Worst experience! Booked 4 nights for 2 adults and they cheat you and give you a full size bed instead of the standard double bed or one king size bed. Before i walked into the room, desk attendant saw there were 2 people and asked me how i booked my ticket and warned me not to complain (as if he knew i was going to have a problem with the room). Sure enough there was barely a full size bed (looked like a twin) that he expected 2 adults to sleep in. I came down and politely asked to be moved to a double bed and man started arguing with me. Said he didn't care and we could walk. Wanted to charge extra $20! Ive never been to a hotel where they would not move you if they had the room. There were 6 cars outside. Hotel was empty!!! No wonder nobody was staying there, this guy was terrible. Rooms are dirty and musky. A/C is extremely dirty.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
oumsanti, Manager at Days Inn Neenah, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Hello Dear Sir,

I apologize for the lack of empathy and appreciate your prompt notification of the problem. The intention was never to have the guest feel that the apology was insincere and made to feel like the situation was not important. Our pride has been that we strive to go beyond our guest's expectations and clearly we did not fulfill that in this situation.

you have made ur reservation thru price-line.com, they are the one making guest confused with price and size of bed, we do not have any control over them.. What they are sending thru their channal to us,that what we are providing to are guest. we are not able to change anything in-between..
So in future make reservation straight thru are hotel, we promised we will have better service for u..
Looking forward to serve u in future..

Thanks Manager Rani
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I made reservations for two rooms in January so my family and I could go to Oshkosh Airventure (worlds biggest airshow). I made the reservations through Hotwire and received both a hotwire confirmation code and a Days Inn confirmation code. Fast forward to April and I get a call from Hotwire telling me that they're not going to honor my reservation. I'm immediately pissed because there's no way you're going to get another hotel room 2 months before an event this big. I come to find out that it wasn't Hotwire's fault, but the owners/management of the property itself.

I called the hotel directly and spoke with the manager, a woman named Rani. She just told me she wouldn't be able to honor my reservation and kept repeating it over and over. I escalated things by calling Days Inn customer service which opened a file on the incident. The thing is that this Days Inn is owned by a franchisee and they can make their own decisions about how to run their property from day to day. I felt like Hotwire and Days Inn corporate were on my side and this rogue franchisee was the source of the problem.

For those of you that haven't already figured it out, they took my reservation in January for a price of like $55 a night and then 4 months rolled by and they figured out that that week in July was the airshow and they could get more money for the room. If they wanted more money for the room, they shouldn't have taken my initial reservation. Once you take the reservation, you have to honor it in my mind. To do otherwise is dishonest and a terrible way to run a business.

After I made about 30 phone calls to Hotwire, Day's Inn corporate, and the property itself and made it known that I wasn't going to just accept the situation, the manager finally relented and told me she had one room for me. I originally booked two rooms though and needed them for the number of people in my party. They tried to jockey with me on the price again, but refused to give me the two rooms I had originally booked. After raising more trouble for them with corporate, she finally agreed to give me the two rooms I had originally booked.

The property itself was ver basic and they have free breakfast, so it was acceptable because we just needed a place to sleep after a long day at the airshow. The common areas are barely airconditioned and were sweltering. The on duty staff were friendly enough and were nice enough to let me print our boarding passes for our departure flight. The rooms were servicable but low rent in every way. The bed spread was one of those cheap scratchy nylon type of setups and the soap and shampoo supplied was the cheapest I've ever seen. They're definitely cutting corners on a lot of the small detail things that make a hotel stay pleasanWhile I eventually got what I originally bargained for, I had to go through hell to get it. The way I was treated by the manager is unacceptable to me and I'd never ever book another room here. Beware if you make a reservation on any holiday or during a major event in the area, because they might cancel your reservation on short notice!!!!!t.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Winter Garden, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Each day the room was cleaned to perfection and when we asked for soap or shampoo, it was left in our room. Only wish they wouuld have cleaned the rooms earlier in the day
We would get back to the room and it wasn't cleaned around 4pm or so. Also, the hot tub is much to hot for children and even some adults but still a convenient place to stay for our needs...thanks

Room Tip: Rooms available weekends reservations are best
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I have stayed at the Days Inn in Appleton Wisconsin and assumed this would be the same. Well, you know what they say about assuming. Same higher price ,but with poor service, and a worse breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neenah
2.2 km away
9.3 km away
Motel 6 Appleton
Motel 6 Appleton
#21 of 23 in Appleton

Been to Days Inn Neenah? Share your experiences!