“They tried to cancel my reservation 4 months after I made it......Dishonest!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Neenah

Days Inn Neenah
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Neenah
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I made reservations for two rooms in January so my family and I could go to Oshkosh Airventure (worlds biggest airshow). I made the reservations through Hotwire and received both a hotwire confirmation code and a Days Inn confirmation code. Fast forward to April and I get a call from Hotwire telling me that they're not going to honor my reservation. I'm immediately pissed because there's no way you're going to get another hotel room 2 months before an event this big. I come to find out that it wasn't Hotwire's fault, but the owners/management of the property itself.

I called the hotel directly and spoke with the manager, a woman named Rani. She just told me she wouldn't be able to honor my reservation and kept repeating it over and over. I escalated things by calling Days Inn customer service which opened a file on the incident. The thing is that this Days Inn is owned by a franchisee and they can make their own decisions about how to run their property from day to day. I felt like Hotwire and Days Inn corporate were on my side and this rogue franchisee was the source of the problem.

For those of you that haven't already figured it out, they took my reservation in January for a price of like $55 a night and then 4 months rolled by and they figured out that that week in July was the airshow and they could get more money for the room. If they wanted more money for the room, they shouldn't have taken my initial reservation. Once you take the reservation, you have to honor it in my mind. To do otherwise is dishonest and a terrible way to run a business.

After I made about 30 phone calls to Hotwire, Day's Inn corporate, and the property itself and made it known that I wasn't going to just accept the situation, the manager finally relented and told me she had one room for me. I originally booked two rooms though and needed them for the number of people in my party. They tried to jockey with me on the price again, but refused to give me the two rooms I had originally booked. After raising more trouble for them with corporate, she finally agreed to give me the two rooms I had originally booked.

The property itself was ver basic and they have free breakfast, so it was acceptable because we just needed a place to sleep after a long day at the airshow. The common areas are barely airconditioned and were sweltering. The on duty staff were friendly enough and were nice enough to let me print our boarding passes for our departure flight. The rooms were servicable but low rent in every way. The bed spread was one of those cheap scratchy nylon type of setups and the soap and shampoo supplied was the cheapest I've ever seen. They're definitely cutting corners on a lot of the small detail things that make a hotel stay pleasanWhile I eventually got what I originally bargained for, I had to go through hell to get it. The way I was treated by the manager is unacceptable to me and I'd never ever book another room here. Beware if you make a reservation on any holiday or during a major event in the area, because they might cancel your reservation on short notice!!!!!t.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Each day the room was cleaned to perfection and when we asked for soap or shampoo, it was left in our room. Only wish they wouuld have cleaned the rooms earlier in the day
We would get back to the room and it wasn't cleaned around 4pm or so. Also, the hot tub is much to hot for children and even some adults but still a convenient place to stay for our needs...thanks

Room Tip: Rooms available weekends reservations are best
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
wisconsin
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I have stayed at the Days Inn in Appleton Wisconsin and assumed this would be the same. Well, you know what they say about assuming. Same higher price ,but with poor service, and a worse breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Neenah hotels

Worthington, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 March 2011

On the positive side, the hotel is easy to access and offers a good price for rooms. We had been driving all day and were ready to stop for the night. Unfortunately, all the hotels in a nearby city were booked, so we kept driving until we got to Neenah. Check in was quick and there were a few restaurants close by so we could get a bite to eat.

The room was inexpensive and the breakfast was good. Hot tub was a little too hot, but the pool area was neat and clean. The hotel, overall, was a bit rough around the edges and perhaps could use a good maintenance man, but ovreall was a good deal.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 14 December 2010

A nice little hotel that is affordable, clean and quiet. Free breakfast, too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neenah
1.5 km away
9.1 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#13 of 25 in Appleton

Been to Days Inn Neenah? Share your experiences!