“Low class”

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Guatemalan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We sat at a table in the bar area. First off, the bartender was extremely obnoxious, loud, and very irritating to ppl in the bar area. She was conversing with a group of ppl talking about being drunk, saying the f word, and just LOUD! It completely distracted us from a nice night out.

Secondly, there were 2 tables occupied by the owners(I’m guessing), counting all the money, and doing credit card receipts. It was very tacky.
It just felt like we were in a low class, cheap bar. I think your bartender needs to add a little class to her resume, and the staff needs to go in an office away from customers while counting their money.

We used to come here as a nice date out, I think it was our last visit.
Food was good, but totally distracted by the atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Have drove by many of times and finally stopped to eat here. We went during a slower time so the waiter was everything...hostess, bar tender and server. Food was great, atmosphere has nice, prices were reasonable. As it got busier more staff came in. We picked a good time to come in my opinion.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We eat here about once a month. It's the best Latin food place in the area! We love eating here with our kids -- the kids menu is quite well stocked, and they prepare the food SO quickly that the kids barely have time to start the "I'm HUNNNNGRRRY" chant before the food arrives! Yummy salsa with the free chips, delicious breakfast options (served until 3pm), plenty of tasty desserts and beverages. Lovely restaurant decor inside and out. The staff are just super friendly and accommodating to dietary requests (we're vegan/vegetarian).

One con: Sometimes the overhead music is super loud and annoying.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Went here for lunch with my husband and sister. The bar and bartender were very nice. Great margarita! Decor was really nice. Upscale Mexican and tasteful. Waitstaff was friendly, upbeat and helpful. Food was presented nicely and very flavorful. All of us were very happy with our meals. I wish I lived closer to this place!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My family had been here dozens of times. Usually excellent. Great variety of Mexican and South American dishes. I love their soups. I will say the last two times I have noticed portions getting smaller or not quite up to the usual careful preparation. We will try again before writing it off as it has always been so good.

Been to Antigua Real? Share your experiences!