“Great Atmosphere, Food and Staff”
Review of Antigua Real

Antigua Real
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Mukwonago
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Guatemalan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Went here for lunch with my husband and sister. The bar and bartender were very nice. Great margarita! Decor was really nice. Upscale Mexican and tasteful. Waitstaff was friendly, upbeat and helpful. Food was presented nicely and very flavorful. All of us were very happy with our meals. I wish I lived closer to this place!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My family had been here dozens of times. Usually excellent. Great variety of Mexican and South American dishes. I love their soups. I will say the last two times I have noticed portions getting smaller or not quite up to the usual careful preparation. We will try again before writing it off as it has always been so good.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Great family place. It was my birthday so my children and the grandchildren went out for a celebration. This restaurant was fantastic. The waitress was spectacular. We have small toddlers and she made sure that they were fed immediately. Everything tasted great. I had the mi combo and it was a lot of food even though I only ordered the smaller two item variety. With the sides and accoutrements that come with the dish it was more then enough food! It was my birthday so they made me Mexican Fried Ice Cream. Delicious, thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We have lived near Mukwonago for a couple years, and tried this place for the first time. The food was good, but nothing over the top. Wait staff was very slow. We were seated and waited 15 minutes before even seeing our server.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

This Latin style restaurant sports a widely diverse choice of Mexican, Caribbean and Central American dishes. For instance, I loved my guavan-glazed mahi. Endless chips and salsa. Service was spotty with entrees of the group arriving separately. The check arrived before we could order desserts (yummy fried ice cream) and had to redone. Couldn't enjoy it with decaf coffee because they oddly were 'out' of coffee at 7:30 on a Saturday evening?!? Overall though, worth a visit.

Been to Antigua Real? Share your experiences!