“Smoked meat at it's best”

David Alan Alan's Smokehouse & Saloon
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Mukwonago
Description: Authentic BBQ Restaurant and bar. Serving a variety of smoked meat and all homemade BBQ sauces. 43 beers on tap. Gluten Friendly.
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This place is doing really well for a new restaurant. I did not notice any big glitches . The food was so good that I was thinking whenI could come back when we left! My husband and I and our guest ordered the 2 meat plate with cornbread, slaw and pick one other side( we chose beans). We tasted the pulled pork, brisket and our friends also tried the pulled chicken, We loved the flavor and tenderness of the meats. Slaw was the only so -so( boring) food. Cornbread moist and the beans excellent. Be ready to wait for a table if arriving after 6pm.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We arrived around 4:00 pm for an early dinner. We ordered two entrees. Brisket sandwich and pulled pork. Both were wonderful. Good beer selection. Service was good. They don't serve ribs until 5:00. We'll be back for ribs. When we left at 5:00 pm, the restaurant was already filled with patrons.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped here after our trip to the elegant farmer. We had actually planned to eat at a restaurant downtown, but that was blocked off for some street fair so we chose to try a new place and we are glad we did! Between the four of us we tried quite a few items! The food was really good. We started with the cheese curds which were great, although next time we will be trying the nachos! We saw a lot of orders of those go out and they looked awesome.Two people in our party tried their specialty burger and they both really enjoyed it. One had a side of pig tale fries (I think that's what they called them) and the other had the mashed potatoes- which I would highly recommend. The other two of us tried the meat platters. We had pulled pork, brisket, and chicken. All of it was delicious. I was thoroughly impressed with the brisket. Most of the BBQ joints we've tried serve it as 75% fat or more and very little meat. My whole portion was meat and no fat and it was delicious! The platters come with cole slaw and a side. I tried the mac n cheese which was originally delivered wrong as mashed potatoes. Honestly- I wish I would've kept the potatoes! The mac n cheese was ok, but not super flavorful. It was so much better after I added a lot of salt and pepper. I wouldn't order it again. We also got corn bread with the platters. One of us tried the traditional and one of us tried the jalapeno cheddar. I much preferred the traditional. The jalapeno cheddar had a strange aftertaste to me and I was kind of hoping for a sweet/savory flavor and it was just a bit spicy with no other flavors. To drink we had beer and we also tried their bloody marys. They were good with the traditional fix ins and we would order those again. Our service was pretty good, I used to work in the food service business so I write these critiques only to be picky and informative. It took us a bit to be seated even though we went just after they opened and the place was mostly empty. The hostess at the time was an older woman- who was also complaining about how she wanted to go home which is generally frowned upon to say in front of guests especially when you've just opened. Also (very picky but I feel the need to point out) our appetizer was brought out to us before our drinks even though our drink order was placed well before the appetizer order. These two things and the before mentioned side mix up are really the only critiques I have and they are minor in the grand scheme of things. We really enjoyed the food and plan to return.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We tried this restaurant for lunch yesterday. When we walked in we were instantly taken by the amazing smell of smoked meat. We ordered the pulled pork and the pulled chicken, along with a beer and a red wine. Very affordable! The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the business. We had a 1-year-old and the waitress was accommodating and friendly with him as well. I asked about takeout and she said they have it all day and gave me a menu to take home.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Having just moved out here, I've been depressed with the food situation. Was super excited to find a restaurant that id choose to go to even if it was located in the city. We had the four meat platter with chicken, brisket, pulled pork, and cheddar jalapeño sausage. The chicken and brisket were awesome! The pork was a hair dry but still good, and the jalapeño sausage was good but not stellar. I wanted more cheddar flavor, some melty cheese to compliment the spice.

I loved all the sauces, fiancé said he wished they had a "normal" BBQ sauce, like a Texas style one.

Service was great, the sides were yummy. We chose Mac and cheese and baked beans. The cornbread muffins were great and my server brought me out melted butter to dip my muffin in. I'd like to see a whipped honey butter as a compliment to the muffins.

A great value for $26.00 we could have easily fed three or four. We'll be back. Between this and Antigua, that street has the two best restaurant in the town.