“Pleasantly surprised. Convenient location.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 22 December 2017

My husband and I had business in Freeport, Illinois, and at the last minute, found there were no hotel vacancies in the town and decided to stay in Monroe. We had stayed at AmericInn before but were pleasantly surprised that the room had a kitchen in it. The room was great and the service front desk couldn't have been friendlier. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with 2 other couples for an event in New Glarus and we would definitely again. Our room was priced right, and it was nice and clean. And, the service and atmosphere was good too...we'd definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017

nice hotel and great price. hotel and room was very clean.
the only thing I didn't like was how dark the hall ways where. also the pool was very cold.
Breakfast was delicious! loved the variety. would maybe suggest a check n snack other then left over breakfast danish.
also I would suggest getting dirty laundry bags that have the America Inn logo on them. just looks nicer then a black garbage bag.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Delicious hot breakfast, plus regular and chocolate milk, hard boiled eggs, several kinds of yogurt, sweets, juices, apples, bananas, clementines, toast and English muffins and bagels, waffle maker... Clean room. Comfy bed. Good shower pressure. Fast Wi-Fi. Also, you can slide open the window in the room, which I appreciated because I like to have a little bit of fresh outdoor air at night while I sleep. My room had a fridge, microwave, single-cup coffeemaker. The toiletries include makeup remover, which was a nice touch. My only real complaint is I could not find any herbal tea. The breakfast bar had five or six kinds of black tea but no non-caffeinated herbal tea anywhere.

The reception area has a cozy living room with a fake fire place. They had it all decked out for Christmas when I was there, with a tree and lights. Would be a nice place to curl up for a bit.

Highly recommend this hotel. It's reasonably priced, too.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a relaxing wekeend away. Well.. i left annoyed and more tired then i came there. I got the X-Large King Suite with Whrilpool. The room over all size was nice i think getting the extra large room was a good idea cause we have a couch and somewhere to eat. We had plans to go to the brewery and winery but other then that we just wanted to relax in the room. The T.V. said we had abour 30 channels to choose from.. only half of them actually came in. They said they had HBO we went to the channel... it stayed black, as did many channels we would have liked to watch. The whrilpool... only had one temp HOT came out of it feeling sick and my skin was red for hours. You also had to press really hard to get the Jets on, not a big deal but after all the little things just added to the annoying column. The most annoying thing i would think was the loudness of the room. I could hear people in the hall all night, our heater was crackling all the time and then the next morning we were both waken up from a deep sleep because i thought it was storming outside but nope, just the person showering above us. an hour of pouring water slippering around in the tub and when they got out sounded like elephants stomping around, in reality im sure it was just someone going about thier day but we could hear everything and i couldnt go back to sleep. The breakfast also was very medicore, which i wasnt expecting much but i intially thought it was closed early since the lighting was so dim over the tables, and the biscuts were rock hard. Eggs were runny and cold, and the coffee was weak and not drinkable. Overall some of the things are excusable but all added up i did not enjoy my stay, i paid the extra money to have a decent room and stay and i think i would have had better sleep in my car in the parking lot. There arent alot of Options to stay in monroe but i wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
MonroeWI77, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I'm very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. I understand that the guests above you were showering and this may have created some noise that you are not used to and I'm very sorry that we are unable to control the water noise. I see that you had a few other issues during your stay. Per our phone conversation the only issue that you had brought to our attention was that our hotel was over priced and the shower noise was unacceptable. You then proceeded to threaten us that if we did not give you a discount that you would go to social media with a bad review. I'm very sorry but we do not conduct our business on threats and ultimatums. We are proud of our Hotel and staff and feel that threatening people is not the way to get your point across.

Best Regards,

AmericInn

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!