All reviews laura sue and rick high tea prairie sky clotted cream victorian christmas shared bathroom praline french toast gracious hosts miller park breakfast was amazing sitting room off street parking step back in time wonderful weekend third floor baseball game this past weekend
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I was attending a fisheries conference being held in the Wisconsin Center January 27-31, 2018. I stayed in the Prairie Sky Room on the third floor. None of the 7 rooms have their own bathrooms. I was the only one staying on the third floor. The owners' clotted cream served with their homemade cakes and muffins is very good. I had 4 excellent breakfasts. The owners are currently redoing the landscaping of the mansion and recently added a new concrete parking area. The owners know a lot about sewing machines, buying antiques, and dealing with Milwaukee city councilmen.

Room tip: Downtown parking is $20/day. Park in the outdoor lot on the south side of the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. Pay for multiple days ($10/day).
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bruner2012
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Both Rick and Laura were fantastic hostess. their whole staff was very accommodating. Our bed was comfortable and our room toasty warm in the winter.The mansion is beautiful and the work they put into maintaining is astounding. I can't wait to go back in the summer to see the garden. Breakfast was fantastic.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We traveled to Milwaukee for a Brewers baseball game. We were excited to find this bed & breakfast just a mile from the stadium. The Mansion is quaint and interesting. We had one of the small rooms on the third floor with a shared bathroom (which was no issue for us).The weather was great so the windows were open. We were surprised how quiet the neighborhood was at night. The best part of the stay was the breakfast, which was phenomenal! I have been recommending the Schuster Mansion to everyone!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The hostess was the most inhospitable, rude, patronizing and mean spirited individual we have ever met in the hospitality business. We also questioned the hygiene in the venue; i.e., dirty dishes piled high in the sink, hair in bathtub from previous client, old dried flower taken off dish that then had food placed on it. House in undesirable neighborhood. Scaffolding and refuse around building. Food was terrible.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank bergrbunch
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I was made to feel at home by Rick - a true craftsman and genial host. My stay was so enjoyable that I retuned a few days later. The Mansion is filled with eye-catching period pieces. My bed was very comfortable and the shower puts out a strong stream - something hard to find these days. Rick’s banana bread was amazing.

Date of stay: October 2017