“Great knowledge of food allergens”
Review of Cafe Lulu

Cafe Lulu
Ranked #52 of 1,665 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very impressed with the staff's knowledge of food allergens on their menu-had a great experience and staff were helpful with planning my meal. They were attentive to everyone in our party and we will be returning in the near future!!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank missteacher029

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service was excellent to begin with :) and continued throughout our meal. With 2 different food allergies eating out can be stressful. They had great options for gluten free and our server was very knowledgable about my allergies and what I could have and how to modify a meal. My food was fantastic and so were my companions. We will return when we are downtown Milwaukee again!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

First time here. Waitress was very knowledgable and helpful concerning vegan fare. She suggested the Hummus Pita with tomato-olive relish. It was FABULOUS!!! Atmosphere was fun and busy. All staff were pleasant and efficient. Was a little too dark for our eyes though (had to use our phone flashlights to read the menu). I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but for 5 stars I expect vegan to be clearly labeld on the menu. Again, our waitress was great, but in this day and age, with an ever-growing increase in vegan and plant-based folks, a restaurant needs to be vegan-friendly and inclusive from the kitchen to the staff and to the written menu as well. I had perused the menu online before trying to decide whether or not to try this place. Some entrees certainly looked like they might be vegan, but you never really know until you ask (if it is not clearly marked as such on the menu). I did try their homemade house chips which technically are not vegan (because they are made in shared oil). They were also very good.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank 413catherinep
Reviewed 16 February 2018

First time here; great tastes in the Faux Binh Mi. Dipping sauces and sandwich mayo was more than enough for the side (chips) and sandwich. I had a hard time choosing the lunch; usually I go for the specials; but the Binh Mi was too tempting.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Nice casual place for a bite to eat. Food was decent , nothing gourmet but solid Service was friendly and efficient . Prices were fair for the type of food offered . If you’re looking for comfortable casual , you’ll like this place .

Date of visit: January 2018