“Fabulous Meal”

Mo's A Place For Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Mo's A Place For Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,549 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: USD 31 - USD 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Wisconson Avenue
Description: Mo’s...A Place for Steaks has an ambience others strive for. A sexy yet sophisticated feel, combined with great food & unmatched service create a customized dining experience. It’s not just the wet-aged steaks that arrive beautifully cut, cooked & plated, or the extensive wine list: Mo’s is a luxury that feels luxurious. Settle deep into a leather chair, listen to tunes playing on the baby grand or relax while sipping a martini & think just how good it feels to be you!Culinary delights don’t end with the steaks – you’ll find a wide selection of delicious entrées, appetizers, sides & desserts.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with a group of about 12 in a private room. The food was tremendous and the service every bit as good. Excellent cut of beef, cooked to perfection. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived about 15 minutes late. We did call to advise so we wouldn't hold up others and they were very accommodating. Upon arrival, we were immediately seated. Kate our waitress and her serving attendant were both FABULOUS!
Appetizers were excellent and our drinks were perfectly mixed! JD Manhattan & a Grey Goose martini.
Here were things went south.....
My steak (bone-in ribeye) was wayyyyy to marbled.....down right fatty all over.
My wife's filet mignon was perfect.
I advised on my steak, sent it back and they suggested I have a filet.
Ok, it was ok.....really, just ok. I couldn't put my finger on it but I believe it was lacking proper seasoning. I didn't complain, I just had it boxed for home. My wife ate it.
Dessert was on them and the cheese cake was great, the chocolate cake was over powered by way too much whipped cream.
By the way, when s plate is sent back I'm used to the manager coming over to discuss our experience. No such luck on this night.
Let me end by saying, we've Always celebrated our anniversary at Mo's and this is the 1st time they've dropped the ball.
Something has changed, I can feel it and as a fine dining Resturant, they better get on it soon. There's just too many mediocre restaurants downtown and I'd certainly hate to see MO's join those ranks. They're too good in other areas for that to occur.
By the way, the pianist was remarkable as usual!!;)
In fairness, I will reach out to management personally to express my sentiments.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

There were sixteen of us, so we had a private room, so I cannot speak for the main restaurant, but where we were the food was great, and the staff were excellent

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

While we were here my husband wanted a good steak and I could think of no other place! Great great food

1  Thank Vicki A
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We have been to Mo's several times. We know we are going to pay a premium for our food and drink. Our food and drinks were excellent. Top notch. We were seated on the second floor, there were only 2 other couples there. We had our soup and salad--while we were having our salad staff was setting a table for a large group on the other side of the room. Our dinners were served as a loud/rude group of 15 men in their 20's came upstairs for dinner. We thought maybe a bachelor party?, but from the first they were obnoxious, irritating, loud, using horrible language, LOUDLY. As soon as they came in I knew it would be bad. They shouldn't have put them with 3 couples trying to have a special meal. Biggest issue is seeing the manager of the place lurking around looking at the group and looking at us--knowing we weren't happy, and NEVER saying a word to the group of men to watch the language or hold their voices down. And NEVER saying to us--we're sorry if your time was affected by these buffoons we made a table for at the last minute. Our dinner was 250.00 for the 2 of us. The servers did know we were upset and we were sent home with dessert... probably 5$ tops for them. They chose to seat this group with us for dollars--they belonged across the street at Mo's Irish Pub. That is where bachelor parties belong..they can yell YO YO across the room and use language. Oh no sorry that's not appropriate in any restaurant least of all an expensive Steak place.