1,138 results
All reviews jackson's blue ribbon pub brew kettles brew house copper brewing terrace suite front desk unique hotel full kitchen attached restaurant stained glass continental breakfast hard boiled eggs cool place valet service valet parking historic building awesome hotel
Reviewed 17 October 2017

If you want to stay somewhere unique, the Brewhouse is a good spot. We were on the mezzanine level, with the copper brewery kettles right outside our door. Our room was large with tall ceilings and big windows, however it felt a bit dark and cavernous.
I think this hotel could be excellent if they upgraded some of the amenities in the rooms (better blow dryer, more than one bar of soap) and polished their approach to service and hospitality. The front desk staff were not very friendly or professional and the valet service didn't leave me with a ton of confidence. I expect better when I'm paying $28/night for parking). The fitness center needs some AC and there were no fresh towels. They couldn't accommodate a late check out of even one hour although we barely saw another soul in the building while we were there (hard to believe they were full and had lots of guests arriving on a Sunday). Finally, the location is on the edge of the downtown area in the middle of lots of construction so if you're looking for something central, stay elsewhere.
We stayed over a weekend in October for a wedding so that was the focus of our trip, but I would have been really disappointed if we were just in town to experience MKE.

Room tip: The rooms on the mezzanine outside the copper kettles are cool but you have to climb stairs to get to them.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott B, General Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for your reply. We appreciate all feedback and will look at ways to incorporate your feedback to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great old historical brewery of the past.. Interesting history and great job of re-purposing a wonderful old structure. A real hub of activity now and lots of fun reviewing Pabst history for someone who toured the functioning brewery in the 80's.

Jackson's provided a very convenient place to spend a few hours watching the Cubs beat the Nats and then just " walk home".

Room tip: 2nd floor by the old brew kettles overlooking Jackson's outdoor patio was very comfortable and allowed use of the stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Wayne - glad you enjoyed your Brewhouse Inn & Suites experience.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Tooo expensive. Expected more for the money! Nicely decorated, good atmosphere. Breakfast was just ok. Only valet parking overpriced. Slow elevators. Close to Restaurants and Bars. Pabst tour was fun and interesting. Pabst mansion was stunning. Do both if staying here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott B, General Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I think this has to be included in my top 5 favorite hotel stays. I loved the decor, it was very clean, and the staff was very friendly.

Only 2 criticisms and they are not even the fault of the hotel. Valet was very unorganized and it took quite a while for us to get our vehicle. Our key was also misplaced which prolonged the process. There were two wedding groups in the hotel, one was nice and respectful, the other, not so much. My husband and I were doing the self-guided tour, taking the stairs to the second floor when someone in the bridal party rudely told my husband they were up there and taking pictures. Now, we, too, had bridal photos taken in a hotel (The Grand Floridian in WDW) and we were aware that it was our party who was disrupting the operation of the hotel. In no way were we disrespectful to other guests.

That being said, it was one of the best places we have ever stayed at.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott B, General Manager at The Brewhouse Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello Michele, so glad you enjoyed your Brewhouse Inn & Suites experience. My apologies for the issues you encountered and certainly glad it did not detract from your stay too much. I will forward your comments to our valet team.

Thank you for sharing your feedback Michele. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

the beer kettles is the selling points of this hotel, also I love the wooden decor in the lobby, the room is decent, with a kitchenette, but it's rather expensive, even more than expensive than other luxury hotels.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Glad you were a guest of The Brewhouse and found aspects of the hotel impressive.