“Great Place to Experience Milwaukee”

Milwaukee Art Museum
Ranked #2 of 153 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum boasts an extensive collection of nearly 20,000 works, representing such artists as Pablo Picasso, Georgia O'Keeffe and Andy Warhol.
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Make sure to enter through the front entrance to get the best experience! When you enter, you'll see the beauty of the architecture from the inside as well as a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. The space is incredibly airy and open. There is a small cafe if you need a little something to snack on. There is also a gift shop. The art installations are located on the north wing (I think) and takes up about 4 floors. It's easy to buy tickets as the ticket booths are located at two main entrances, front and north side. Parking is located at the north side parking lot and is about $7.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,487)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"on display"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed 28 October 2018

I love this art museum, and I've been to most all of them in the U.S.and Europe.

Great depth to their collection. Especially strong in German Expressionism. And I always go stand in from of the two large Diebenkorns for 15 minutes in awe. (Try to find one at the Art Institute of Chicago). The layout is inviting, flows well, and is easily navigated.

Did I mention parking? Just drive up to the front door via the underground garage, and pay only five bucks on your way out. (WOW!)

Nice people at the front desk, and the restaurant and cafe are
excellent.

Don't miss this gem overlooking the lake.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I love the person who was our travel guide for my little kindergartners. She was well knowledge in art and knew out to actively engage my students. My students enjoyed her presence and had a grand time with our tour guide. Thank you for a pleasant field trip.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

A really beautiful building with strange giant abstract wings attached to the roof of the entrance hall, these wings open at opening, move up and down once at midday (lasts about 10 minutes), and close at closing time. Really stunning engineering to watch in action. They play melodramatic corny classical music while they are moving which kind of makes it tacky, but it's still cool.
The museum itself has a decent collection, not sure how much is permanent or temporary. But my favourite thing was a building itself.