“Great specials!”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We both had the Saturday night special. They have 3 steaks to choose from and we both had the 2 - 6oz tenderloin. This is the second time we had this and both times the steaks were done to perfection. I had a salad, which was good, he chose the soup and had chili. For our sides we both chose garlic mashed potatoes. It is also served with veggies and garlic bread. I don't think you can get a better deal on a steak dinner, the price is $16/dinner. The service was very good. When we arrived, the place was basically full and there were 2 large groups.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Met my daughter for lunch because she wanted a Reuben.
The sandwich was pretty good, as was my half sandwich with a small cup of rather good soup.
Smashed potatoes were quite good as well.
Service, fine.

Ambience isn’t much, and it was downright freezing in there- wasn’t pleasant at all eating with a parka on.... seriously.

But the food was good- a touch expensive but not too bad.

If we return it’ll be in the summer months when I leave the winter coat at home.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Came on Monday night for the taco special based on a friends recommendation. The taco special requires that you order a drink, so I ordered a corona and the tacos. I ended up finding a very sharp needle like shard of glass about a centimeter long that looked like a piece of a broken beer bottle after biting into something hard in one of my tacos. That could have easily led to a nice trip to the hospital that night had I ended up chewing on it at a different angle. Even worse, it could have led to severe internal damage if swallowed. Potentially life threatening and requiring surgery. Might sound dramatic but it's not an exaggeration, I graduate medical school in a few months so I have a little understanding of the potential. I brought it to the attention of the waitress and she just said "Oh, I'm sorry". I had to ask her if she could do something about it to get any more of a response. Later she came back and said she would take care of it for the bill. Pretty much the bare minimum for what you could do considering. As we were finishing up she came with the bills for our party and I was surprised to be handed one. I was still charged for the beer I ordered, that I only ordered to get the special in the first place. I asked, "You're not going to take off the beer too?" She actually laughed and said "No". At this point I was a bit irritated and went back to her and asked to speak with a manager. Surprise surprise, there was no manager there, or at least that's what I was told. I don't generally get upset enough to leave a review, but this compelled me to write my first. I wish I would have thought to take a picture to post with this review at the time. This establishment (and myself) was just a stroke of luck away from a catastrophe and major lawsuit, the stuff you hear about on the news. Though, lucky for me, all I got was just a very poor experience at an establishment I will never return to or recommend.

1  Thank Kareem W
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Friends had us meet them there and it is a nice time with friendly servers and a varied drink and food menu.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Got some take out sandwiches for myself and another person. Greasy and filling. If you're looking for good, not healthy food and you're in the area. I'd definitely recommend.