Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 154
View deal
PricelineUSD 154
Expedia.comUSD 155
Residence InnUSD 154
Hotels.comUSD 155
TravelocityUSD 155
CheapTicketsUSD 155
All reviews department store high ceilings the river walk foot ceilings free breakfast rooms are huge walking distance front desk staff restaurants and bars old world riverwalk ward downtown inns elevator lakefront
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Loved this place. Awesome location in downtown Milwaukee, especially perfect for people like us that love to walk. Close to the lakefront, and close to everything else including the ultra cool Historic Third Ward and RiverWalk. Our room overlooked the Milwaukee River and had a magnificent view. Our room was large, clean, tastefully decorated and lacked nothing. We could've stayed there for more than 2 nights, easily. The staff was awesome, especially the delightful woman that checked us in early Friday afternoon (we forgot to get her name). She obviously loves what she does and was a great ambassador not only for the hotel but Milwaukee. She should be cloned! We had no concerns about staff not being careful as related to Covid. The "take-out" breakfast was perfect. Lots to choose from and we just took it up to our room to eat. We will absolutely stay here again.

Room tip: We stayed on the 7th floor in a room that overlooked the river. It was just lovely.
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

This was my first trip to Milwaukee and when my colleagues said to book Residence in Milwaukee- I did. And then it turns out there is also another in another town close by also called Residence Milwaukee (weird). Why I didn’t switch to the other hotel- 1) when I entered the lobby I was greeted by Sherida (sp?). Even with a mask on- she was all smiles. She was thorough in explaining the Covid policy at the hotel and let me know that each room goes through three cleanings before check in. She offered me water and went out of her way to help me find a salon to get my nails done- calling two to see availability and writing down a few others in the area. My room was very big- with tall ceilings- great lighting and a view over the river. I settled in easily and decided to stay. I stayed for 4 nights and the staff here was very pleasant and Sherida was always pleasant- you could see she loves her job and other guests appreciated her professionalism and positivity as well. I typically travel quite a bit for business and pleasure and this was my first trip since March since Covid restrictions. Food in Milwaukee I thought was meh- but the area around the hotel has some nice spots for sitting outside and walking around. The Harley museum isn’t far from here and was the highlight of a trip I thought would be all business. I’d highly recommend this location for walkability, cleanliness and staff. Thank you for making a usually bland work trip- enjoyable.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2020 via mobile

My family visited Milwaukee for a covid getaway recently and stayed at this hotel. The hotel has undergone a gorgeous transformation and all of the public places and our room looked new and contemporary. Walking around historic buildings, to restaurants, the lake and the riverfront is very easy. Here is the but... my family has been very careful about covid. Early in the summer we made a short trip to Michigan and stayed in a small hotel. That time, I called the hotel and they went through their cleaning protocols and many safety measures with me, which included a mask requirement for anyone in the hotel public spaces. After that trip, we felt comfortable going to a larger city and “name” hotel where we were sure that all known safety measures would be in place. But during our visit, we saw a number of staff people between front desk and housekeeping, but not one mask. In addition, the large majority of guests were not wearing masks in the public areas. Maybe state law doesn’t require any of this, but we’d gotten the impression that most businesses serving the public were requiring it. Anyway, I write this for those of you who are vulnerable or nervous, and if you are not, it’s a lovely hotel.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2020

We stayed at the Residence Inn Milwaukee the hotel location was great
The room had a great view and a great bed.
The good ends there. The room was next to the elevator so people kept us up all night, one group of women woke us up at 3:15 am
I got a charge notice it was from the hotel when I looked I was charged a extra $25.00
I went down to talk to the front desk person and he was on the phone and having a unpleasant conversation with another employee
He never put the phone down he held it to the side and asked what I needed I told him about the extra charge and he said it was for incidentals I had to ask him what does that specifically mean.
He said it was Incase if anything was missing.
He said the charge would be dropped in a few days.
It was refunded a day later
They should notify you of the extra charges ahead of time when you check in they would be nice.
The food was bad the eggs had no taste and I don’t know how they cut the bacon so thin and made it so it had no taste
The orange juice was so watered down it tasted like a orange drink
The food staff was friendly and helpful

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Marcus at the front desk gave us room 717 when he heard that my husband and I were just married and decided to take a mini honeymoon since we don't have an actual honeymoon planned yet. He also gifted us with a wonderful bottle of champagne to celebrate! We would both highly recommend this hotel and give a HUGE thank you to Marcus!

Room tip: I would definitely request a river view room.
Date of stay: January 2020