“Hilton's Milwaukee City Center”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Hilton's Milwaukee City Center”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Not a bad experience but it has too many flaws for 206.00 night hotel. Afew things were disappointing. The water park was very small, adults forget about it. The room had some fancy clock that required a maintenance person to set it. The toilet had stuff in it when we arrived and there was no sheet or pillow for the pull out. The hotel is close to the Grand Avenue Mall that has seen better days. Forget about finding breakfast besides the 15.00 deal in the lobby. One has to cab it or pay for in/out privileges in the car lot for using your own car. Not going to stay for that price with no breakfast or anything.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank yatahay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Korean first
Covington, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My experience here has been FAR LESS THAN DESIRABLE!! Each time that I've stayed, I've experienced some sort of "issue". However, the most recent "issue" has really taken the cake!

After checking into my room, I discovered a USED bar of soap in the shower; clearly from the PREVIOUS GUEST. IF housekeeping had, in fact, THOROUGHLY cleaned the shower after the previous guest checked out, how would they miss the used bar of soap?!!??!
At any rate, I called the front desk and reported that the used bar of soap was left in the shower. I returned to my room 18 hours later, and to my surprise, the SAME USED bar of soap STILL remained!! I could have screamed!! This is ridiculous; totally unacceptable!! After working 18 hours, the last thing that I want to do is return to my room, and "patiently" wait for housekeeping to return my room and complete tasks that should have been performed PRIOR to me checking in anyway!!

As I previously stated, nearly EVERY stay has resulted in some sort of "issue" for either myself or one my co-workers....from missing items (Fiji water, soap, towels, remote control, etc) to NO hot water to low water pressure to a broken bed...and on and on and on.

AND on top of all of this, the facility has the nerve to charge additional money for parking ($20/day), internet access, telephone usage (YES, even for local calls), breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres, refrigerators and microwaves?!?!?!? INSANE! The "Hilton Milwaukee City Center"......a "4-DIAMOND Hotel"....ummmm HARDLY! In my opinion, the facility should be GIVING AWAY ROOMS or trying to compensate in some way for all of the other insufficiencies!!!

An EXTREMELY Livid & Unhappy Guest

Room Tip: I did find that the rooms in the "West Wing" were a little better than some of the other r...
2 Thank caramelmmt
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear caramelmmt -

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest at the Hilton Milwaukee. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have faced at the Hilton Milwaukee. I would love the chance to speak with you personally and to solve these issues you have experienced in your past and current stays. I can assure you that your comments have been received and that the Hilton Milwaukee strives to exceed our guest’s expectations and to solve these issues as they arise.

I look forward to speaking with you personally and to maintaining your loyalty and trust in the Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand and at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center.

Amherst, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed here for a conference that was going on in the city center. Location was perfect to pretty much everything, mall, Bradley center bars, and food. I had originally had booked a room with 2 double beds but when I checked in the asked if I wanted the king instead! No extra fee. Was there for 3 days and I had house keeping change the bedding and more clean towels. Was no problem but the house keeper actually left a personal note thanking for staying with them. Minor, but stuff like that is nice and goes a long way. In all I will be back. They also have a water park, which I didn't use but will in the future bring them here.

• Stayed January 2012
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear jaolds -

I am very glad that you choose to be our guest and allowed the associates of the Hilton Milwaukee to share in such a great stay in Milwaukee!

We are looking forward to your return already!
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I recently stayed downtown Milwaukee for a conference. The Hilton hotel is connected by skyway to the Frontier center which came in handy as it was January. This hotel is an older hotel but is kept up beautifully. The staff was very helpful and the rooms are nicely done. The bedding is great, extremely comfortable and new. Free internet which is great for working. The desk was spacious and there was room for relaxing as well. Nice room. Bathroom was a little tight but clean.

I ate in two of the restaurants. The buffet is very average food, nothing special but it fills you up and isn't too pricey for a downtown hotel restaurant. The Chop house was very pricey and the food OK. Presentation was good, wait staff great but my steak was average.

I wouldn't recommend for a person on a budget because they were a little pricey but I would definately stay here for business and a special night out with the hubby.

Room Tip: corner room was large, quite and upper floors have a great view
Dear SueZtravels -

I am very pleased to hear of your great visit to the Hilton Milwaukee this month! Our internet is complimentary in our lobbies and public spaces as well as our 4th floor business center. As an added amenity for our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors Guests it is also included as a member. In our guest rooms we do charge 9.95 overnight for our internet service.

I look forward to sharing in on another great visit to Milwaukee very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stay in this hotel whenever I'm in Milwaukee. I stayed in other Hilton properties around Milwaukee and I find that this one suits me best. They have covered parking which is nice but also expensive. I am travelling for business so I don't pay for anything but if you're paying on your own, parking fee is high. I like their breakfast choices and I like that there are two restaurants in the property. I also like the fitness center.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear LuieLuie,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of the Hilton Milwaukee and share it with the Tripadvisor.com community! Our covered parking is connected to our hotel and does provide complimentary in and out access along with secured access. Our parking is just 24 dollars overnight for these amenities. Thank you mentioning our Miller Time Pub and Chophouse as well, two great Milwaukee restaurants. I hope you have had the chance to try our Café for breakfast or perhaps enjoy a cup of Starbucks coffee from our onsite Starbucks!
I look forward to your next business trip to Milwaukee!